Breakfast?

Options
I used to make breakfast for dinner quite a bit back before I started watching what I was eating. Does anyone have any good low cal breakfast recipes that might make a good dinner as well?

Replies

• Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    If you get the Bisquick Heart Smart pancake mix--- make the heart smart reciepe which uses less oil and egg whites I think.... It's 190 cals for 3 4" pancakes!

Super fluffy I may add!
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Toasted English muffin (140 calories for the kind I buy)
    1 large egg, cooked the way you like (70 calories)
    I wedge Laughing Cow light spread on the toasted muffin (35 calories)

Very filling and tasty breakfast sandwich! If I have it for dinner I add another egg or a slice of Canadian bacon or turkey bacon, as dinners for me tend to be higher in calories than lunch or breakfast.

Also, crustless quiche is awesome. Beat up either 8 eggs (or a carton of Egg Beaters). Add in any veg you like (sauteed onions, peppers, frozen/thawed spinach). Dump into a 9" glass pie plate that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Bake at 425 for 18-20 min or until center is set.
  • barefootbeautiful
    Options
    You can make sausage (turkey sausage is great!) and veggie omlets, but cook them in a muffin tin. Once cooked, you can easily freeze and reheat them. That way you can use them for breakfast OR dinner, and with the seasonings and veggies setting in, they taste even better the second time around.
  • ptpatty
    ptpatty Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I love filling a warm, small whole-wheat pita bread with chopped cucumber and feta cheese, just a drizzle of olive oil and some black pepper. Tasty, refreshing, and I've had it for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
  • Fabnover40Kat
    Fabnover40Kat Posts: 300 Member
    Options
  • hollybear1280
    Options
    Thanks guys for the great ideas!