EA Sports Active 2 (PS3), any other users?

Options
Hey people.

I started using sports active on Wii 2 summers ago, I did the first month and it inspired me to go get a weight bench and I really was into a strict regimen of powerlifting for about a year.

I realized though that maybe I should have stuck with EA sports active as a compliment to the heavy weights because powerlifting didn't really address any cardio endurance type stuff.

Anyway Sports Active 2 has been out for awhile on Playstation 3 and I'm loving it, you can use free weights now and it logs your reps and heart rate automatically. My problem is that everyone else in my group has just about given up and hardly done anything. Hardly inspiring when you go to the leaderboard page and yeah you are at the top, but nobody else has done anything in a week.

So sorry for the longwinded post, if anyone has this on PS3 and wants to get a group going, I'm all for it. I use it along with runs and cardio boxing and It's definitely an *kitten* kicker, good for 300 every 40 minutes so far and I'm still on phase 1.

EDIT:

I made a fitness group for folks who want to join a Playstation 3 group.

Group Name: MFP1
Password: MFP1

Replies

• briar_rose
    briar_rose Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the 9 week program on EA 2 for PS3. I was really out of shape so I am on easy though now that I'm in phase 3 it's still a good workout. On my off days I even find myself doing one of the custom workouts on medium or hard. I love it! I have never been interested in exercising before this - even when I had a gym membership!
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    Is EA sports active good? sorry off topic I dont have it but am interested I have seen it on sale and am considering it for WII
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    I just started phase 3. It still kicks my butt. I love it!
  • njean888
    njean888 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I been using the EA Sports Active 2. I'm doing the 90 day challenge on Hard and I'm already in Phase 3. I love it and I hold myself accountable for every workout. I HATE when it says " 3 missing workouts". So I double up until I am completely caught up. My husband says I'm a freak, but I don't care.
  • Baroque_Ja
    Baroque_Ja Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I would most definitely whole heartedly recommend it. I think Wii FIt was a bunch of fluff with good stretching and balance routines but this will really push you.

The thing they added in sequel is no longer having to use the wiimote and nunchuk, I was always pulling the cable apart. Now it's armbands and a leg-strap so your hands are free to use free weights which i much prefer.

I'm actually using it on PS3 but I think it's fairly similar to the Wii version, but I'd stay away from the 360 version, I heard it's pretty bad because it doesn't recognize your movements properly.
  • barberella
    Options
    I would love to get the EA Active 2 for the Wii; already have 1 and more workouts..just waiting for it to come down in price. thanks for the advice.. Wii Fit Plus was a nice intro to the Wii and the fitness aspects the system can provide, and it did help with learning yoga and pilates movements. It's like you said; a bunch of fluff!
  • Baroque_Ja
    Baroque_Ja Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I made a fitness group for folks who want to join a Playstation 3 group. Info's in the first post, but i thought i'd better throw it in down here too.

Group Name: MFP1
    Password: MFP1
  • m_sherzod
    Options
    Hi, is your group still active? I would like to join if yes!