Discover what's new & improved in the MyFitnessPal app!
We’re dedicated to helping you achieve your health and nutrition goals. And our newest features and updates? They do just that. Learn how we're making tracking your progress easier, faster, and more motivating than ever.

Fat Free Half and Half

Options
Newish to dieting.... people are always talking about the fat free half and half for your morning coffee but I see it has 9 less calories but 2 more grams of sugar per serving. Is the trade off really worth it??

Replies

• RoniDoll
    RoniDoll Posts: 262
    Options
    nope! its not worth it!
  • taryn_perry
    taryn_perry Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    No...it's loaded with a bunch of artificial crap. If you need creamer in your coffee, you'd be better off with regular 1/2 & 1/2 and use a smaller amount.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Newish to dieting.... people are always talking about the fat free half and half for your morning coffee but I see it has 9 less calories but 2 more grams of sugar per serving. Is the trade off really worth it??

I don't think the trade-off is worth it, no. As long as you actually measure your half and half and log it, I'd stick with the half and half.
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I have started using Silk creamer for my coffee. Low in sugar and no saturated fat.
  • Kris1974
    Options
    I also use Silk Creamer, Vanilla and its so yummy I cannot honestly tell a difference. I love it
  • debimier
    debimier Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just have to have the real stuff, thats all I put in my coffee. I just put my cal. down. I've lost over 8 pds. in 3 weeks.
  • daddyratty
    daddyratty Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Yeah, don't go processed. Just measure it out and enjoy your normal creamer!
  • DEE4560
    DEE4560 Posts: 139
    Options
    I have had so much trouble replacing my half n half with something that has less calorie and fat that I am thinking about giving up coffee entirely and drinking flavored tea.