Help! Why am I still hungry?

Options
I am on track with my calories, and all my nutrients, including protein. I exercise 4-5 times a week and drink 64oz of water. Why is it that I still feel hungry all the time??? What am I doing wrong? What do I need to add more of into my meals? Thanks.:cry:

Replies

• Serafimangel
    Serafimangel Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    are you hungry in general or do you crave certain things like meat or carbs?
  • mjf0461
    mjf0461 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Good question, I am finding that I am hungry just about every morning till around 3 pm.. And then it seems to subside. I didn't have this issue for the 1st 6 weeks... It's been the last week I have been fighting feeling hungry...I'd like suggestions also...
  • jrueckert
    jrueckert Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Protein fills you up so snack on foods with protein in them and it might help!! - peanut butter, protein bars, peanuts, hard boiled eggs...etc.
  • lisa_lotte
    Options
    Do you eat back the calories you burn when exercising??
  • CFAITH_WARD
    CFAITH_WARD Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    We cannot view your diary to see what you are eating so I am just guessing.....Are you eating lots of vegetables (low calorie foods that can fill the void)......I also think that lots of small meals helps (so the blood sugar doesn't go up and down all day long)....Also try upping your protein in take (It can be more satifying then other foods)......Some times it is just a bordum thing try chewing gum between meals.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    More veggies and a multi-vitamin.
  • RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    try to drink 1 oz of water per weight in pounds. Flush all the salts/sodium out.
  • Serafimangel
    Serafimangel Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    i find if you have soup for lunch/dinner you feel fuller for longer (soup with meat, I like meat :D)
  • fantm
    fantm Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    This happened to me when I really ramped up my exercise. I was ravenous immediately after my workout, so I'd eat a good, protein-rich breakfast but was still incredibly hungry until lunch, even with snacks, and could barely make it til dinner. Now, I'm still hungry after the workout but breakfast seems to satisfy me, and I'm not really hungry after lunch at all.

I wonder if you're exercising harder than you did before, so your body is burning through its fuel faster?
  • MCEVITTS
    Options
    Healthy snacks will help!! I eat Special K bars....90 calories of pure yumminess! Or try raw veggies with hummus...Also, make sure your breakfast and lunch are protein and fiber PACKED. If you eat around 200 calories and 5 g of fiber for breakfast, you should feel less hungry during the day. I have found that I just have to trick my body into thinking I'm not hungry! Good luck!
  • 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I have not found a way to lose weight and not feel a little uncomfortable. When I am hungry I just tell myself 'this is exciting, because I am burning fat." Seems to help.
  • tim_fitbuilt4life
    tim_fitbuilt4life Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Add more fiber to your diet, that will keep you feeling satisfied longer. Also, caffine tends to curb hunger too.
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    Everyone is different but I find that I'm super hungry if I stay witin MFPs recommendations for protein and fat. I stay within my calories and don't worry if I'm 'over' on fat and protein since they keep me sane, full, and craving free.

Charmagne
  • beautymkt
    Options
    Wow, thanks for the feedback. I eat a good protein meal at breakfast right after my workout. I eat 5 times a day with meals and snacks in between and drink my water. My MFP has a certain amount of protein intake daily. Is it ok to go over it? Will eating more protein help or is it more of something else I need? I don't eat anything before my workout because it was told to me by a trainer that you lose more calories on an empty stomache. Could that be the challenge? Thanks:huh:
  • LeonaB17
    LeonaB17 Posts: 304
    Options
    I totally have this problem too - but I find it is often due to boredom. If i'm super busy and occupied i don't even notice my hunger. But when i'm at my desk doing my boring hum drum work - that's when i'm the hungriest. I just have to fight it the best I can. Eat some fiber rich foods with some water - that usually helps. Other than just trying to ignore it.
  • 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    A protein shake is great to have before a workout and will not hurt your progress.

Extra protein in your diet will help you with your hunger and it will not hurt you. From a weightloss standpoint, it will help you.
  • AeshaKSha
    Options
    I READ AND DO EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE WHEN I'M HUNGRY AFTER 9P. THEY SAY TO EAT SOME HEALTHY FATS, LIKE AVOCADOS, OLIVES, NUTS, ETC.