I ran 3 miles in 24:04!

Options
This is a new record for me and so I believe it deserves to be in the success stories section! I couldn't believe the time when I looked at my stop watch after running 3 miles non-stop at a consistent pace. I feel like a million bucks right now! I am a new runner as of this year. I have ran in the past but never more than a mile or two at a time. So this is big news for me! Woot!

Replies

• hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    very nice.
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    8 minute miles...AWESOME! Great job!
  • eellis2000
    eellis2000 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    wow ican only 1.5 in that time. awesome!!!!!
  • ArchyJill
    ArchyJill Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Very speedy!!! Way to go, you should be proud! :smokin:
  • kee9kee9
    Options
    Awesome job!!! Especially for a new runner!
  • Amanda421
    Amanda421 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    awesome!!! i iam at 32 min and hope to start shaving off time too! good job!
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    WTG!!
  • redwngs13
    redwngs13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Awesome! That's practically a full 5k race!
  • kbray003
    Options
    Congrats!! Keep it up!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!
  • Sk1nnym0m
    Options
    That's AWESOME!!! I am training for a half Marathon March 5th, but I think once that's over I will try to beat your time... lol - I don't know that I could ever run that fast for 3 miles though. You GO GIRLIE!!!
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    THAT IS AMAZING!

Know that this beginner runner is in AWE!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Charmagne
  • trigrrl
    trigrrl Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    you are a rockstar!
    wear that smile all day long
  • callipygianchronicle
    Options
    Great job. And good for you for celebrating your milestone!
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Incredible!! Congrats!
  • SoldierWife99
    Options
    That's awesome!
  • mruiz22
    mruiz22 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Great Job... what has been your training to get to this point? I just started running too and I hope to be able to run a 1/2 marathon before the end of the year.... :smile:
  • Allibaba
    Allibaba Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    That's excellent! I have just started running as well, it is pretty fun!

Never thought I would say that, lol!
  • Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • incircles_lp2
    incircles_lp2 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Great Job... what has been your training to get to this point? I just started running too and I hope to be able to run a 1/2 marathon before the end of the year.... :smile:

Thanks everyone for all the support-it means a lot! I have been running on a regular basis (almost every day except weekends) since September of 2010. I have been running the same 3 mile loop on a regular basis as well. My regular time for that was a consistent 30 min. for almost 5 months until very recently. I have been doing some long bike rides as well (50+ miles) so that has probably jump started my long distance running abilities. I did a 12 mile run a few months back and that took about 2 hours. My best advice to you and anyone is that you have to find that point where you can breath comfortably without stopping and keep going. You will reach an equilibrium that you can sustain. You have to get outside your physical state and most of it, for me at least, is mental. Try to focus on something else other than running while you're running (much harder said than done!).
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!