Green Tea, are you drinking it everyday?

Options
2»

Replies

• BrandNewMia
    Options
    Sometimes when I get hungry in the evening, I will drink 2-3 cups of Lipton's natural green tea, brewed with about half a lemon. It fills my stomach and I'm not hungry anymore. I don't enjoy it, but I do it because it's good for me. I like green tea with sweetner in it, but I am trying to avoid adding those to my drinks right now.
  • proverbs31chick
    proverbs31chick Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, I found a green tea that taste fine without sugar, but it doesn't have the ingredients on there, I hear so much about catechin which is found in green teas. I guess I will add that to my food diary, one glass a day.
  • DivaDLB
    DivaDLB Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, I found a green tea that taste fine without sugar, but it doesn't have the ingredients on there, I hear so much about catechin which is found in green teas. I guess I will add that to my food diary, one glass a day.

Try a few different flavors to see what suits you. Also in the summer try it cold. I also enjoy green tea ice cream.
  • MrsSanthoff
    MrsSanthoff Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I switched from drinking coffee in the mornings to drinking hot green tea. I love Tazo the best. I havent really noticed a difference but my calorie count is down since I dont use cream and sugar anymore, just splenda now! I drink about 64 oz a day! eeck, hope thats ok, but its better than 64 oz of coffee!
  • shunke
    shunke Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I hope the green tea grows on your taste buds, otherwise it might be a long road. . . My mom was the same way when I started her and now she craves it, almost a junkie. Good luck!
  • shunke
    shunke Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I drink 2-4 cups daily, and crave the stuff. I have found on some brands it says to boil the water and let it "rest" 2-3 minutes before pouring over tea bag. I never did this until a couple weeks ago. It makes a HUGE difference and is so much smoother, less bitter. I do it with most teas now and it improved the taste. Mint green tea helps my digestion after a meal.
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I don't find the taste of green tea particularly appealing so I make it with 1 bag green and 1 bag mint.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I'll add a scootch of honey to my tea just for a treat...and honey is good for you in small doses
  • Kjarlune
    Kjarlune Posts: 178
    Options
    I drink green tea everyday....I have found the blueberry green and pomegranate to be my fav but I also like the mandarin orange green tea. water Is the most important obviously but green tea is a natural dietetic.

My Auntie just drank 8 green tea a day and cut down her portion sizes. She lost 80 pounds in one year.
  • sarahbear119
    sarahbear119 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I go through a box every other day...
  • MrsSanthoff
    MrsSanthoff Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I'll add a scootch of honey to my tea just for a treat...and honey is good for you in small doses

At first I read, I add scotch to my tea. I was like, Wow...no theres and idea! lol :laugh:
  • marindak
    marindak Posts: 168
    Options
    bumpp
  • SamiSamiBoBlammy
    SamiSamiBoBlammy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I drink Green Tea as a pick-me-up most afternoons.

Stash Chai Green Tea is my favorite!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    lol no scotch...although at the ski hill i had earl grey and grand marnier...they called it blueberry tea, very deceptive! I should have just went for the hot toddy
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    I drink 2-4 cups daily, and crave the stuff. I have found on some brands it says to boil the water and let it "rest" 2-3 minutes before pouring over tea bag. I never did this until a couple weeks ago. It makes a HUGE difference and is so much smoother, less bitter. I do it with most teas now and it improved the taste. Mint green tea helps my digestion after a meal.

exactly. the water should be around 70 degrees C otherwise you burn the leaves - that is why it tastes bitter.

I drink a variety of loose leaf green teas and red teas I get from a chinese nutritionist. The real thing is much better than branded makes but if that is all you can get then it is better than nothing. My favourite is Iron guan Yin, it is so delicate. The good thing about loose quality green teas is that you re-use the leaves several times.
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    lol no scotch...although at the ski hill i had earl grey and grand marnier...they called it blueberry tea, very deceptive! I should have just went for the hot toddy

coffee with Turkish Raki. MMMMMMMMMMM