Reports...?

Options
So I was looking at my net calories consumed report and it does not reflect my food journal. For example, I ate 1,616 calories today, but the bar on the graph for today doesn't quite pass 1,500 cal.
Is there something I don't know about the way this report works. I got extra cals from exercise, but the numbers just don't add up.

Also, my BMR is 1,386 cal. (Age 28/F/145 pounds)
So how much should I be eating with a moderately active lifestyle. I am a teacher so I do a lot of sitting and reading papers, but I generally stand in class as well as walk around the city to do shopping and get to work. I am having a hard time eating what the weight loss calculator says I should be eating....which is near my BMR! I have a good walking/light jogging routine. I generally go at about an hour at a time and I listen to PODRUNNER, so I know I am never making less than 132 steps per minute!!! (The mixes vary in bmp so I use my average stride length + time walking at X bpm to calculate calories and distance). I vary my routine by going longer or running more two days...etc.

I am trying....really!
But eating less than 1500 cal just doesn't do it for me...should I try exercising more so that I can get more calories or should I just eat more!! I am in that 'last ten is the hardest' category and it's those last ten pounds that are killing me!

D in Istanbul

Replies

• delpha2
    delpha2 Posts: 42
    Options
    So I was looking at my net calories consumed report and it does not reflect my food journal. For example, I ate 1,616 calories today, but the bar on the graph for today doesn't quite pass 1,500 cal.
    Is there something I don't know about the way this report works. I got extra cals from exercise, but the numbers just don't add up.

Also, my BMR is 1,386 cal. (Age 28/F/145 pounds)
    So how much should I be eating with a moderately active lifestyle. I am a teacher so I do a lot of sitting and reading papers, but I generally stand in class as well as walk around the city to do shopping and get to work. I am having a hard time eating what the weight loss calculator says I should be eating....which is near my BMR! I have a good walking/light jogging routine. I generally go at about an hour at a time and I listen to PODRUNNER, so I know I am never making less than 132 steps per minute!!! (The mixes vary in bmp so I use my average stride length + time walking at X bpm to calculate calories and distance). I vary my routine by going longer or running more two days...etc.

I am trying....really!
    But eating less than 1500 cal just doesn't do it for me...should I try exercising more so that I can get more calories or should I just eat more!! I am in that 'last ten is the hardest' category and it's those last ten pounds that are killing me!

D in Istanbul
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Put your activity level at sedentary but log all your shopping trips or walking to work as exercise.