Too Much Protein

Options
Does anyone know what the pros and cons of going over on your daily protein amount is?

Replies

• princesschikee
    Options
    From what I've read, your body can only process so much protein per meal. Something like 25 g. If you go over, then it turns to fat. Depending on how physical your activities are, should determine how much protein you need.
  • dp1228
    dp1228 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    bump.. i wanna see more replies to this. i thought it was GOOD that was going about 50g over the allotted protein. i dont know how much is too much but id like to know if i need to stop doing this!!!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    You should be eating almost 1g per lb. 2g per lb is too much unless you are an extreme body builder. 50 is the bare minimum.
  • princesschikee
    Options
    There isn't a whole lot of substantial evidence as to how bad too much protein is other than it can be hard on the kidneys to process it all.
    To find out how much protein is right for you, you need to find out your proper macronutrients. In order to do that, you need to check out this website www.freedieting.com/tools/nutrient_calculator.htm.
    Don't just rely on what info people leave here. Do some research and make sure that you get info from more than one source.