Best low fat/cal cake or cupcakes

Options
dodgergirl
dodgergirl Posts: 7 Member
Hi everyone. I have a sweet tooth and was wondering if any of you have a recipe for a yummy cake or cupcakes that you have actually tried. Thanks

Replies

• dodgergirl
    Options
    Hi everyone. I have a sweet tooth and was wondering if any of you have a recipe for a yummy cake or cupcakes that you have actually tried. Thanks
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    the diet cola cake is awsome....
  • wildkitty505
    wildkitty505 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I like Angelfood cake with some fresh strawberries on top.
  • jlauren6
    jlauren6 Posts: 209
    Options
    I do the angel food cake thing too, but I top mine with chocolate syrup instead! :laugh:
  • magdalune
    magdalune Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    There's always the pumpkin and unsweetened applesauce route, too.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    White cake mix, diet sprite, and a can of crushed pineapple - non-fat whipped cream on top. I made this cake for my daughter for her birthday. It was a big hit.
  • mommyskis
    mommyskis Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    My box of angel food cake came with directions to stir some cocoa powder in to make it chocolate. Then I made it into cupcakes. I think it was around 60 some calories a cupcake. Yummo!
  • dodgergirl
    Options
    Ooooo sounds yummy. Crushed pineapple in the mix? How long did u cook it for?
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I'm all over the diet soda cake, but I don't think it would pass with the non diet crowd. Here's a very delicious alternative that you could serve to everyone at the party and they'd have no idea it was calorie reduced. Takes really fresh and the portion is generous.

Light Pineapple Orange Cake

1 Box Yellow cake Mix
    1 C liquid egg substitute or egg whites
    2 T Canola Oil
    2 10oz cans Mandarin Oranges in juice
    3 T water

Topping
    1 box (1oz, 4 serving size) instant sugar-free vanilla pudding mix
    1 10oz can crushed pineapple
    1 carton 8oz fat free cool whip thawed

Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray. In a bowl, beat together cake mix, egg substitute, oil, oranges with juice, and water. Beat with electric mixer on high for 2 minutes. Bake for about 25 minutes until edges are lightly browned and knife inserted into center comes out clean. Cool.

For topping, in a bowl, fold pudding and pineapple into whipped topping. Spread immediately over the cooled cake. Refrigerate.

12 servings.

252 calories, 8g fat, 1mg cholesterol, 46 carbohydrates, 4g protein, 1g fiber.
  • scmunchkin
    scmunchkin Posts: 11
    Options
    :wink: 1 pkg. reduced sugar devils food cake mix, 1 15 oz. can pumpkin. Mix together (This will be very thick..do not add anything else). Bake at 400 for 12 -15 minutes in cupcake tins. Makes 12 servings. Very yummy and very high in fiber.
  • jbeasinger
    jbeasinger Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I am actually Making a lemonade cheesecake right now... if you crave cheesecake like i do.. this is an awesome desert! 170 calories!! its made with crystal light lemonade. i have attached the link. so enjoy.

Jeff

http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/Recipes/RecipeDetail?recipe_id=55173
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options

1 box chocolate cake mix
    14 oz canned pumpkin
    1/2 cup fat free plain yogurt

mix together and cook at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes depending on what type pan you use. When i make a 9x13 I go a bit longer - 30 minutes. cupcakes only require about 20-25.
  • magdalune
    magdalune Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I recommend a spice cake mix and a can of pumpkin. It's heaven.