eggs..how come.....

Options
onawho
onawho Posts: 196 Member
I have a question about eggs. When I have eggs over medium for breakfast the protein is zero, but when I have a hard boiled egg for a snack the protein is 7??? where does the protein go when the egg is cooked over medium? Am I going crazy? Eggs have protein in them.... LOL

Replies

• AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    There's something wrong with the entry... just ring it up as a hard boil-ed egg or just "Medium egg" without specifying how it was cooked.
  • maffydavison
    maffydavison Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Something is goofy in the database. Eggs have protein - even over easy! :)
  • sybiltoney
    sybiltoney Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You have to verify that the nutritional info is correct because most of the stuff on here is entered by members and they aren't always correct
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    yep. that's a bad database entry. look out for those. the protein is there either way.
  • chris0912
    chris0912 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    try out this website for verifying... www.nutritiondata.com
  • ♥jewelchristian♥
    ♥jewelchristian♥ Posts: 3,666 Member
    Options
    I only use foods that don't have an * beside it. The foods with the * beside them are users' personal entries. The foods with no * beside them are entered by Mike and the rest of the MFP team. Hope this helps a little :)
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    If you are using foods that have been added by others to this database, be careful! I won't accuse anyone of intentionally messing up nutritional counts, but generally what happens is a person will make sure they add the calories and fat (or any other combination of stuff they are counting) and leave off the other information for the food. So if they added over medium egg and they don't count protein, then they didn't feel the need to list it. I find that here a lot; I'm a carb counter and for whatever reason people like to leave that off.
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    I only use foods that don't have an * beside it. The foods with the * beside them are users' personal entries. The foods with no * beside them are entered by Mike and the rest of the MFP team. Hope this helps a little :)
    i wish there was a way that you could set it up to view only items MFP put it
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    If you are using foods that have been added by others to this database, be careful! I won't accuse anyone of intentionally messing up nutritional counts, but generally what happens is a person will make sure they add the calories and fat (or any other combination of stuff they are counting) and leave off the other information for the food. So if they added over medium egg and they don't count protein, then they didn't feel the need to list it. I find that here a lot; I'm a carb counter and for whatever reason people like to leave that off.
    ive been guilty of doing this every once in awhile, if im in a hurry...but its a food in my foods, and i dont add it to the MFP database
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options

I did not freakin' know that!
  • outersoul
    Options

Thanks for sharing this. I didn't know about the *!
  • onawho
    onawho Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    thanks guys, I will watch out for the *. I did not know about that