Calorie count

Options
Hi everyone!! Happy Friday.. and for those of you in Canada, Happy Canada Day long weekend.. if you are taking today off and Monday, before the official stat on Tuesday.. wow that was a mouthful haha.
Anyway, I was wondering how you would count this..

Working in a daycare for 8 hours with infants between the ages of 10 months and 15 months, there is a lot of bending, lifting, carrying, pushing strollers of three children etc..

Any ideas?

Replies

• Lifeisgood2008
    Lifeisgood2008 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!! Happy Friday.. and for those of you in Canada, Happy Canada Day long weekend.. if you are taking today off and Monday, before the official stat on Tuesday.. wow that was a mouthful haha.
    Anyway, I was wondering how you would count this..

Working in a daycare for 8 hours with infants between the ages of 10 months and 15 months, there is a lot of bending, lifting, carrying, pushing strollers of three children etc..

Any ideas?

• Quenofcrazzy
    Quenofcrazzy Posts: 358
    Options
    Hello
    Happy Canada to you..but I am in the US..no holiday for us.

I run a daycare in my home and chase kids all day long. Lifting them up and down to change them, put them on the toilet, into chairs to eat. I also get down on the floor to play with them..just moving all of the time.
    In the morning, I go to the gym and I count those calories. I also walk my mother every morning for two miles (with all daycare kids in tow) and I count that.
    The moving during the day is to hard for me to figure. I gave up writing down what I was doing..and just figured it is free movement. Hopefully it will catch up and I will lose a little more weight by doing it.
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    I would just enter your profile information in as slightly active (whicever is comprable to a nurse or waitress being on their feet all day) and let it give you an average assumtion of how much activity that is - then log your exercise on top of that. That will allow you more base calories than someone like me who sits at a desk all day.
  • Lifeisgood2008
    Lifeisgood2008 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tip..sounds good.

Sandra:drinker: