A pound of...

Options
...muscle does not weigh more than a pound of fat. They weigh exactly the same. The difference is in the volume...

Replies

• chubby1978
    Options
    True, you can start re-shaping your body before the scale will even budge.
  • paulreds
    paulreds Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    and they both weigh the same as a pound of feathers!!
  • georgiagorwell
    Options
    It is all to do with density, a pound of muscle with take up much less space than a pound of fat.
  • CaseyBee
    CaseyBee Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    and they both weigh the same as a pound of feathers!!

Hahaha, I used to spring that joke on everybody in Jr. High. "Which weighs more, a pound of feathers or a pound of rocks?"
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    ...muscle does not weigh more than a pound of fat. They weigh exactly the same. The difference is in the volume...

Well, duh! I'll remember that the next time someone here actually claims that a pound of muscle weighs more than a pound of fat. And in the meantime I'll go on making the assumption that, in the absence of a specified unit of measure, the writer means a given volume of muscle weighs more than the same volume of fat.
  • blondie76
    blondie76 Posts: 552 Member
    Options

check out this post from the other day shows a pic of both!!!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/176608-awesome-i-ve-lost-0-lbs-lost-in-3-weeks
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    yes, but the saying is not "a lb of muscle weighs more than a lb of fat" - it's just "muscle weights more than fat" which, said in context, implies the 'given same volumes' part.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    This used to bother me, just like: You want to LOSE weight, LOOSE is what you want your clothes to be.

But, It's a message board, most people know what you're trying to say. I've gotten over it.
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    This used to bother me, just like: You want to LOSE weight, LOOSE is what you want your clothes to be.

But, It's a message board, most people know what you're trying to say. I've gotten over it.

Lose / loose bother me, but of any errors (it's / its; their / there / they're) it's more forgivable, simply because Chose / Choose follow different rules but are spelled the "same," so I can see people confusing which is which. Or is it witch is wich? :laugh: :laugh: I have no mercy with most homophones. :smile: