Just Do It

Options
I am amazed at all the information and what seems to be a wonderful support system on MFP. I hadn't ever heard of this website and just happened to stumble upon it, THANK GOODNESS!

I was going to wait until March 1st to really start focusing on getting into better shape and then I sat back and thought. . .why wait! What does the significance of starting a journey have to do with the 1st of the month. I can't tell you how many times I've done that in the past.

I've been eating well the last two days and hope to continue that trend into the weekend which will be the biggest challenge. I also plan to start 30 day Shread tonight in hopes of not dying. Some of the posts in the Fitness section have me a little worried!

Best wishes everyone!

~Laura

Replies

• cheangela
    Options
    I would recommend doing it the first time without weights just so you have one less worry. You'll still get a lot out of it... I promise :-)

Good luck, and welcome!
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    i'm doing the 30 day shred & think you should use your weights even when it gets tough. Jillian suggests you follow one of the girls- anita, if you're struggling & if the weights are really too much you can always put them down part way through. Jillian will remind you multiple times throughout the workouts that if you want results in a 20 minute workout, it will hurt & to push through it. believe me, it's worth it. :o)
  • loriefolk
    Options
    You can totally do it! I'm just getting back on 30 DS :) If you'd like, I'll start over with you! Extra workouts never hurt anyone!!