For those HCG diet promoters....

Options
For a lack of a better phrase...stick that in your pipe and smoke it;

http://www.weightymatters.ca/2011/02/dr-oz-so-corrupted-by-fame-he-even.html

Replies

• crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    i'm not on the HCG diet but is this really necessary? i mean there was already a thread complaining about the drops so why start another one?
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Amen, You will never convince those who do the diet though. Of course you lose weight, if I eat 500 calorie a day I would lose a ton. But I prefer to remain healthy. And working in the medical field I get to occasionally see the results of those that got sick.
  • PhoenixFire975
    Options
    Wow I had no idea that Dr. Oz would do something like that. I always thought he was the kind of doctor that could be trusted (probably just because Oprah praised him though now that I think about it:tongue: )
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    i'm not on the HCG diet but is this really necessary? i mean there was already a thread complaining about the drops so why start another one?
    Yes it is. There's still alot of ignorance in this forum and the more evidence that can be shown, the better chance we have as people to stop the spread of said ignorance.

Speaking of necessary, is it really necessary to have a pic of a Timmy's Ice Crapacino (sugar-filled unhealthy drink) as your avatar in a weight loss forum? Perhads I should change mine to a Big Mac? :huh: :laugh:
  • SunLove8
    SunLove8 Posts: 693 Member
    Options

If he wants to share his thoughts and a link to a article that you may even find interesting, then it's his right. Is it really necessary to go out of your way to complain that he started another thread about HCG? Don't read the threads if it bothers you.
  • SunLove8
    SunLove8 Posts: 693 Member
    Options

I'm sickened that doctors back this "diet" up. :grumble:
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Yes it is. There's still alot of ignorance in this forum and the more evidence that can be shown, the better chance we have as people to stop the spread of said ignorance.

Speaking of necessary, is it really necessary to have a pic of a Timmy's Ice Crapacino (sugar-filled unhealthy drink) as your avatar in a weight loss forum? Perhads I should change mine to a Big Mac? :huh: :laugh:

the funny thing is I don't even like timmy's ice caps lolz
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options

:wink: Well said plus the big mac comment cracked me up, you've got a point there:laugh:
  • rlynnst
    Options
    I lost weight on the HCg diet,.Mine was followed by a Doc. I lost 20lbs while on it. I continue to lose weight. You are only on the 500 cal while taking the drops/shots. I had plenty of fat stored so I was not going to starve.
  • brityn
    brityn Posts: 443 Member
    Options

thanks for the laugh!!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options

I watched this show and I still have it taped. Dr. Oz said if you do this diet that he recommends not eating below 1200 calories and he also said do in under a Doctor's supervision.

Somebody doesn't have their facts right in that article. He mentioned that he didn't know that his wife had done it until he mentioned the show. She took the drops which does not contain the HCG hormone, but people are being fooled by this placebo. HCG is regulated by the FDA and it can only be prescribed by a licensed physician. She didn't even know that. The prescribed HCG has to be taken by a shot.
  • charityateet
    charityateet Posts: 576 Member
    Options

thanks for the laugh!!

Ditto :laugh:
  • rlynnst
    rlynnst Posts: 14
    Options
    That is how I took mine, In a shot form. The doctor i went to did not, DID NOT ecomnd the herbal stuff. Said it can very dangerous.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Males that take the hcg route are now found to suffer from mammary gland tumors. It's a female hormone in hcg so if I was a guy it'd be the last thing I'd go messing around with. It's enough that women choose too mess around with hormones and tossing in even more, who knows what the side effects will be down the road. No one ever addresses that!
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

[/quote]

i agree.
  • Rurouni_Kou
    Rurouni_Kou Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    That is how I took mine, In a shot form. The doctor i went to did not, DID NOT ecomnd the herbal stuff. Said it can very dangerous.

Not to mention illegal: http://www.naturalproductsinsider.com/s.aspx?exp=1&u=http://www.naturalproductsinsider.com/news/2011/01/hcg-called-illegal-by-fda-exec.aspx
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Whats happening with the "celebrities" who are in the position to teach people how to live healthy lives? I was so disappointed when Dr. Phil had the 17 day diet on his show. It came on while I was reading his Ultimate weight solution book and he went on about diets being bad for you and all. I just was confused. Even more so listening to people talk about the 17 day diet on here. So many of them talking about being so hungry and what not. I don't know what's happening but it's disappointing.
  • lizziewhan
    lizziewhan Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    i remember seeing an episode where this diet was mentioned and dr oz immediately said how he would never recommend it and it was bad etc. i dvr his show everyday and actually just watched this new episode friday night. i was shocked that he gave it an ok...i know people who have done it and had success and i even had a dr tell me i should try it...but i dont think its good at all for people