Weight Loss & Collarbones, My Opinion.

Options
http://high-voltage-queen.tumblr.com/photo/1280/3488813864/1/tumblr_lh54gyrd1d1qhqzw1

Alright, the Queen is opening up her vunerable side for a moment, this is -the first- picture of me. And I’m only showing it to prove a point to you ladies that have an unnatural obsession with Thigh gaps, Collarbones, and Hip bones. That they are the MUST HAVES for being thin.

I am well over 200lbs. I wont say my exact weight, but I am pretty high up there.
But look! L’Gasp. A Fat girl with Collarbones that are always there. I’m not flexing or trying to do anything to poke them out, they’re just there. Its how my body was made.

Key phrase: Its how my body was made.

This ultra obsession with having a gap between your thighs or protruding collarbones and hip bones that could poke a child’s eyes out is just getting sad! If your body was not made for it - stop killing yourself to achieve it! Love what you were given, and -gently- improve on what you can! Stop trying to achieve an unrealistic goal. Celebrate who you are, and stop killing youself to be something you’re not.

Replies

• southernlay_d
    Options
    Quite honestly, I think the thigh gap is disgusting. Real woman should not have these. Yuck!
  • doublexhelix
    doublexhelix Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    i must say, i did get real excited when i could see my collarbones again! but i agree, each person is different and needs to accept themselves as they are!

though i also am excited to see how small my thighs get at my goal weight... i hate having them rub together when walking with a skirt/dress!

also, do you mind if I follow you on tumblr? my username is overgrownzygote if you see me pop up :D
  • highvoltagequeen
    Options
    Helix - Sweetie congrats #1, and 2, I'm not saying women who have a thigh gap or see it as they lose weight, or see collarbones etc, is wrong. I'm saying the women who -obsess- over having those attributes and their bodies just aren't built for it, start these unhealthy patterns of downspiraling body abuse to try and get that, and it saddens me. Achieving healthy weight loss and results is something great, but abusing your body physically and mentally is saddening.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Wow! I never knew people wanted a gap in their thighs!!!!! Honestly, I've never heard that before.....that's freakin hilarious!!! :laugh:

As for collarbones, yours look great :bigsmile: You obviously carry your weight somewhere else and as you say, that's the way you were made :flowerforyou: But some of us like to see a bone protruding to judge a bit of success. You wont have this marker, but a lot of us do! So please, let us get our collarbones back. It's not an obsession to be skinny or anything, it's just that we look and feel better with collarbones. No big deal. Really......!

I do get your point tho. We are all different. Your goals will be different to mine. I can see my collarbones clearly and I still have 20lbs to lose. But I feel better than I did 20lbs ago when they were hidden!!

It's all subjective really. What matters is that we are happy with ourselves, no matter how we individually judge that.

Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • doublexhelix
    doublexhelix Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Helix - Sweetie congrats #1, and 2, I'm not saying women who have a thigh gap or see it as they lose weight, or see collarbones etc, is wrong. I'm saying the women who -obsess- over having those attributes and their bodies just aren't built for it, start these unhealthy patterns of downspiraling body abuse to try and get that, and it saddens me. Achieving healthy weight loss and results is something great, but abusing your body physically and mentally is saddening.

oh yeah I totally got what you were saying, just sharing my experiences. It is really sad that a lot of people don't see how to do it in the healthy manner or the limits of the body they were born with.
  • charityateet
    charityateet Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    No kidding!

I have a friend that once told me that her husband would like it much more "if the top of her thighs didn't touch" I almost puked in my mouth.
  • bellinachuchina
    bellinachuchina Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Tumblr is NOTORIOUS for extreme thinspo, where those gaps & bones are the dreams of under-fed bloggers. I concur, keep goals realistic and healthy. My collarbones started showing when I was 30+lbs. heavier than I am now, it just depends on frame structure.
  • junewonder
    Options
    This is strangely harsh and gentle all at the same time. I like your style.
  • cindy4mica
    cindy4mica Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    very well put!

ps. i would like for my thighs not to touch, and i like when i can feel my hip bones. but it's not an obsession - it's when i know that i have gotten to *my* goal weight - where *my* body tells me i've reached my goal. but like you said, everyone is made differently so many people live unhealthy lives in order to achieve something that probably in unachievable and ultimately, dangerous to his/her health.
  • highvoltagequeen
    Options
    Thanks for noticing junewonder.
  • shallo
    shallo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    i must say, i did get real excited when i could see my collarbones again! but i agree, each person is different and needs to accept themselves as they are!

This is me too. The key word being again. When I was smaller mine were visible, they are once more. It was really exciting the first time I realized they were back again.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    No kidding!

I have a friend that once told me that her husband would like it much more "if the top of her thighs didn't touch" I almost puked in my mouth.

OMG!! Men like this look too??? :noway: OMG!!! You live and learn I suppose

Can understand the distaste when a man insists on anything physical about a woman really.......who do they think they are?? Grrrr!! :mad:
  • Mollywater
    Mollywater Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I love my collar bone. I understand what the OP is stating though, I do not like the rail thin, obsessive, super model, pre- teen boy figure our country considers "beautiful and thin". However, allowing a collar bone to show and a gap in the thigh area, on most women, does not equal emaciated. At my lower weight, the weight I am comfy at and feel great at, my collar bone shows and my thighs rarely touch. BUT I still fill a size 8 pant!
  • spunkbeer
    Options
    Real woman = Has a vagina. Simple as that. Nothing else counts.
    Has nothing to do with curves, -.- girls are born thin naturally all the time.
    I have friends who are stick thin and are no way ED suffers. And dont choose to be that way.
    So does that make them alien? Not woman? :|

As for the people complaining about mens opinions on woman.
    WOMAN are the worst influences, you guys can you not see what you are doing?
    Youre pushing on YOUR opinions on the way people should look.
    Men really are no where as superficial as woman are.

Personally i love my boney coller bones. I love my tiny wrists.
    I love the feeling my hipbones make when they press against things.
    None of these things make me feel less then a woman.

Everyone has their image of how they should look.
    No one has a right to complain about it.

I could continue ranting in further detail but im going to stop here
  • highvoltagequeen
    Options
    Debby Downer :noway:
  • spunkbeer
    Options
    Helix - Sweetie congrats #1, and 2, I'm not saying women who have a thigh gap or see it as they lose weight, or see collarbones etc, is wrong.

I missed that bit i just got distracted by the comment you were replying too. So apologies for going off.
    I just feel people shouldnt be judged by changing their bodies. >.<
    And it truely is my biggest pet hate when people use the "woman have curves" crap.

Sorry again ^____^
  • highvoltagequeen
    Options
    Hah, no problem. I like debates and conversations, not GRRness. Thanks for havin the guts to at least say something about it.