Mom and published author with a few spare pounds

Options
Hey, I'm Trista, I'm 26, (27 in a few days) mother who is a writer and have too many spare pounds for my liking. I started the Soar Into Shape program at my husband's base and hope to see myself back to being healthy.

Replies

• megsta21
    megsta21 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! This is the place to be to lose weight and get great friendly support... well done on taking the first step! Now its just one foot at a time which you Can do!!! =]

BTW Congrats:flowerforyou: on getting published!!! =] I help (edit) for a friend out who is trying to get published, so I know it is a great accomplishment!

Add me if you want! :drinker:
  • RockaholicMama
    RockaholicMama Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I've been working out for about 3 weeks now and have lost 5lbs, I was able to fit pre-pregnancy jeans (FINALLY!). I started on myfitnesspal since this is the program the base's Soar Into Shape program uses. I definitely need all the support I can get :)

Thanks so much! I have two books out now and it's been a long, difficult road. I will say, it has been very worth all the hard work.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    welcome and congrats on the two books out! what genre do you write?
  • RockaholicMama
    Options
    I write mostly fiction. A lot of fantasy, romance and thrillers. My first series is an adult based vampire series. My second book is a modern day ghost story with a twist.

Thanks for the welcome! I hate being and feeling over weight. I just had my author photo shoot and I just felt so...well, fat. Some were great, but I want to look better, feel better. Be able to run with my daughter. Do PT with my husband. And, not have my dogs walk me during walks.
  • RocketsGirl75
    Options
    I write mostly fiction. A lot of fantasy, romance and thrillers. My first series is an adult based vampire series. My second book is a modern day ghost story with a twist.

Thanks for the welcome! I hate being and feeling over weight. I just had my author photo shoot and I just felt so...well, fat. Some were great, but I want to look better, feel better. Be able to run with my daughter. Do PT with my husband. And, not have my dogs walk me during walks.

I am a huge reader (no pun intended) and you are certainly speaking my language!! I am going to google you now so I can see your books!! Welcome and good luck. This site is awesome and you will get lots of support.
  • ciaobella47
    ciaobella47 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the boards! This site has been a great help to me and I hope it is for you too. Congrats on the book! I'll have to check it out. :)
  • RockaholicMama
    Options

I am a huge reader (no pun intended) and you are certainly speaking my language!! I am going to google you now so I can see your books!! Welcome and good luck. This site is awesome and you will get lots of support.

Glad to meet a reader! I love books and written word :) Am, I allowed to post a blog? It's just my writer's blog. Daily thoughts, that sort of thing. I keep it running to give other writer's a push. It's tristajaszczak.wordpress.com Writing has always been a huge passion of mine. So has reading. I love connecting with those who have the same passion as I do :)
  • RocketsGirl75
    Options

Glad to meet a reader! I love books and written word :) Am, I allowed to post a blog? It's just my writer's blog. Daily thoughts, that sort of thing. I keep it running to give other writer's a push. It's tristajaszczak.wordpress.com Writing has always been a huge passion of mine. So has reading. I love connecting with those who have the same passion as I do :)

That is so cool! I am going to check out your blog! I am a Lit major (and history major) so I love learning more about lit and writing. I have always thought about writing in the back of my mind. I totally went on barnes and noble and found your book! I am going to buy it this weekend! So I have to ask who are some of your favorite authors?
  • RockaholicMama
    Options

That is so cool! I am going to check out your blog! I am a Lit major (and history major) so I love learning more about lit and writing. I have always thought about writing in the back of my mind. I totally went on barnes and noble and found your book! I am going to buy it this weekend! So I have to ask who are some of your favorite authors?

I love James Patterson, Meg Cabot, Janet Evanovich, Charlaine Harris. I love to read and have read most anything. I have an extensive library at home and grew up with my nose always in a book :)
  • mrssparkle
    Options
    Followed the link to your blog. I will look for the books should they get published in England. Well done on your success.
  • RocketsGirl75
    Options

I love James Patterson, Meg Cabot, Janet Evanovich, Charlaine Harris. I love to read and have read most anything. I have an extensive library at home and grew up with my nose always in a book :)

LOL! I understand about growing up! I remember getting my first set of books when I was young (my sister bought me the judy blume books!) and I was soo happy. I have never read Janet Evanovich but everyone tells me that her Stephenie Plum series is wonderful. I love Charlaine Harris! I have read all of her series, now I just need to read the couple of books that she has that aren't apart of a series. I ordered your book and it should be here this Friday! I can't wait to start reading it!
  • Live_To_Win
    Live_To_Win Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the best place around.
    Friendly supportive people all looking toward the same goal.

From an aspiring writer, you can give me confidence in two ways!!!
  • RunWithJess
    RunWithJess Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    WELCOME!! from one AF wife to another!