Help! I've gone over on my calories and I'm hungry

Options
I guess that'll teach me. I had a business lunch today and ordered an open faced "Copenhagen Turkey" sandwich. When it came to the table it had some type of dressing all over it. I ate the whole thing and when I was done asked the server if she had any idea how many calories it had. She said..."I don't know, but I do know it is made with mayo, sugar, and vinegar". I knew right away I had overdone it for my lunch.

I guessed on my diary about 1/2 cup of the "dressing" and it looks like about 900 calories for my LUNCH!! :explode:

Before this app I would not have realized that I had overdone it. So I am thankful that I can see it now....

BUT>>> I am -57 calories, have skipped dinner and I am sooo hungry!!

Any ideas on what I can eat? Please don't suggest celery :(

Replies

• halphord
    halphord Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Don't NOT eat...if you are hungry, you need to eat. You will just get back on track tomorrow, or go for a walk and burn some of it off! I would have some oatmeal or something filling like that....
  • traceybett
    traceybett Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Thank you!! Oatmeal sounds good :) I will get back on track tomorrow. I just started this and do not have enough energy yet to feel motivated for acitvity. Plus its storming here.

I know you are probably thinking i am making excuses. I really do want to do well.... just no energy :(
  • Steen747
    Options
    Exercise helps when I am hungry. Walk a bit then drink a big glass of water, after that eat something with low calories - fruit is good or Oatmeal with fruit.
  • charityateet
    charityateet Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Don't kick yourself too hard. Just make better choices tomorrow. Have a light dinner, salad or steamed vegis w/some lean protien - the biggest thing is YOU REALIZED THAT YOU HAD OVERDONE IT. Right on, you are so on the right track!!!!
  • khrys1
    khrys1 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Popcorn is pretty filling and low-cal! Can you exercise any to "gain" some extra calories? If you're just a bit over for the day, don't worry about it- it's just one day!
  • megsta21
    megsta21 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Don't NOT eat...if you are hungry, you need to eat.

I agree totally.... Eat a salad or some veggies with hommus maybe?:embarassed:

:tongue: I'd suggest you take note of your "error" (Which i think you already have :laugh:) and try not to do it next time :flowerforyou:, Maybe try and fit a bit of a workout in if you can....:love:

BUT.... Remember always.....

1) You May fall off, just make sure you get back on the proverbial Wagon... :smooched:
    And
    2) Tomorrow is a new day, dont play "Catch up" just try and stick to the plan & eat healthy tomorrow... xxxx

Every day your slate is fresh/clean.... so make the most of it! :drinker:
  • traceybett
    Options
    You are all so kind. I am feeling emotional to have found this site and have tools now to fight this battle.

Thank you all so much!
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,190 Member
    Options
    I was going to suggest veggies like broccoli, cauliflower, spinach or the like. They are really low in calories, and will fill you up. A better choice than oatmeal I think. Drink lots of water. You can skip the meal as well if you think you are able to. It won't hurt you unless you know you will give in and eat way to much to compensate.
  • npryor100
    npryor100 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I too have had many of thos learning experiences....but at least now we know that was NOT a 'normal' sized lunch.
  • bexdc
    bexdc Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I agree with Steen --- go for a 30-minute brisk walk. You'll feel better and you'll burn calories. Then eat some fruit, steamed veggies and yes, a few carbs so your stomach doesn't get upset from all that roughage -- like a piece of bread.
  • Live_To_Win
    Live_To_Win Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Don't kick yourself, just learn from it.
    Now you know what to look out for
  • superdre
    superdre Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I completely agree with Megsta's assertion to don't not eat.
    I am exercising and some days I have to go over my calories in a day just to feel better. Body is burning everything, and sometimes it needs more than the allotted amount to make it.

Plus there is always tomorrow :-D!

Don't NOT eat...if you are hungry, you need to eat.

I agree totally.... Eat a salad or some veggies with hommus maybe?:embarassed:

:tongue: I'd suggest you take note of your "error" (Which i think you already have :laugh:) and try not to do it next time :flowerforyou:, Maybe try and fit a bit of a workout in if you can....:love:

BUT.... Remember always.....

1) You May fall off, just make sure you get back on the proverbial Wagon... :smooched:
    And
    2) Tomorrow is a new day, dont play "Catch up" just try and stick to the plan & eat healthy tomorrow... xxxx

Every day your slate is fresh/clean.... so make the most of it! :drinker:
  • tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Thank you!! Oatmeal sounds good :) I will get back on track tomorrow. I just started this and do not have enough energy yet to feel motivated for acitvity. Plus its storming here.

I know you are probably thinking i am making excuses. I really do want to do well.... just no energy :(

We all have to start somewhere. You have to decide when you are ready, and what conditions you are willing to excercise in. You will get there. I finally have...at least some of the time!
  • tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I had a friend pointed out that looking at how far I have to go can be debilitating. She said don't think of it as a long way to go, just think of it as getting through today. Each day is a new day, and a new start. Great advice I think.
  • eating4balance
    eating4balance Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Dance around for 15 minutes and then you can have a small salad or sandwich.

If you clean for a half an hour, you could probably burn 200 calories.

Good luck!
  • mercedes160
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up, lunch is over and there is nothing you can do about it, just have something lite for dinner, low calorie, you do not want to go to be hungry. tomorrow is a new day, just get back on track,
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    I agree with what everyone else has said. Even if you dont feel like it you could do 10-15 minutes of cardio. Just do jumpking jacks or running in place, or going up and down stairs to burn a few extra calories!! Good luck and back on track tomorrow!
  • Leigh_D
    Leigh_D Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I had a friend pointed out that looking at how far I have to go can be debilitating. She said don't think of it as a long way to go, just think of it as getting through today. Each day is a new day, and a new start. Great advice I think.

Totally ... "One Day at a Time!"

As far as having "no energy" ... ironically, getting up and moving your body makes you feel better! If it is storming, maybe you live in a multi-story house or building? Walk up and down the stairs for 15-20 minutes. Lock yourself in you room and put on some Billy Idol, "Dancing with Myself" and dance around! LOL!!

Or heck, go out in the storm. You might be sweet as sugar, but you won't melt! B)
  • italy1677
    Options
    Do some exercise if you can and have some salad (be gentle on the dressing) :wink:
  • traceybett
    Options
    Ok.. you have all motivated me. I have not eaten anything else yet, and putting on an exercise video and doing 30 minutes.

afterward a big glass of water and some steamed zuchinni :)

I feel like I have a world of friends who can relate :heart: