Potassium foods : )

Options
If any of you are looking for foods with potassium like I am here's a great link : )

http://www.essortment.com/food-high-potassium-36046.html

Replies

• misscristie
    misscristie Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I just looked at my log and thought to myself - Man...I don't eat any potassium! Thanks!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    He he I've been tracking Potassium for about six months. It certainly makes you eat your veggies.:laugh:

This site (MFP) has the Potassium recommendation set pretty low, and I still struggle to get enough. It's a great nutrient to track!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    I just looked at my log and thought to myself - Man...I don't eat any potassium! Thanks!

The other problem is that not many people enter Potassium into food labels - it's not a requirement in the U.S. I end up adding it to almost all my favorite foods - unless I find the site admin's entries - Mike does put it in his entries.
  • jeanaustin
    Options
    How much potassium should you have per day? I find that I'm 1000mg under the 3500mg recommended pretty much every day. I looked at the site above and then also googled to find that maybe I should be at 2500mg. I honestly didn't even think that people weren't putting in all the items onto the food labels! That's good to know.

4821286.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

SW: 156 @ 5'6''
    CW: 150.2
    Goal: 129
    1st Goal: 149 - new vera bradley purse
    2nd Goal: 145 - massage
    3rd Goal: 139 - Garmin Women's FR60 LTD Color: Pink/White
    4th Goal: 135 - massage
    5th Goal: 129 - Vitamix 5200

Challenge: Run my 1st 5k on 4/23. Currently working out to Ullrey's C25k - Week 5 Day 2

exercise.png
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    hurray for potassium! :) i've been tracking mine for a couple weeks now, and i even take a potassium supplement every day :)
    thanks for the post!!!