5 minute workouts in spurts?

Options
So, with wedding planning and everything else going on in my life right now, some days I really just don't have a chance to do my regular workout regimen (which is usually my 20 minute Jillian *kitten* kicking), so I've taken to 3-5 mini workouts throughout the day. Incorporating some of the exercises from my 30 day shred dvds (squats, sit ups, a quick run, etc)

My question is

A) How would I count that on my exercise tracker?
and
B) is it even worth it to track those mini workouts? Do those mini spurts do much for calorie burning & toning up?

I suppose any exercise is better than none, but still. Some input would be great :)

Replies

• Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I'm sure they are helping to tone, but not really sure they burn many calories since you're not keeping the heart rate up. But keep doing them until you can get the longer workouts in.. at least you'll have more muscles!!!!
  • x_cylence_x
    Options
    See, this whole burning calories thing sometimes confuses me...

You can burn 3 calories just chewing a piece of gum, but that doesn't get your heart rate up.
    Those negative calorie foods (celery) burns more calories to digest them than is what's in them... but that doesn't get your heart rate going.

I dunno lol Like I said, I suppose anything is better than nothing. Above all else I'd just like to be less jiggly for our Bahamas honeymoon lol
  • x_cylence_x
    Options
    anyone else?