How to get back on the wagon after illness?

Options
I've been out of commission all week with the flu.

On bed rest Sunday through yesterday...so clearly no excercise happened...of course, I had no energy anyway so I didn't eat a lot.

What I did eat was whatever I could get my hands on with the least effort - which turned out to not always be the best either...

Today I finally feel a little bit alive and returned somewhat to my normal routine - ate something closer to a regular diet, but still had no energy once I did the bare minimum of my normal work and chores, etc.

I had a lazy couple of weeks before I got sick, and was just set to get back on track this week...well...see how that turned out.
I'm dreading trying to get back into the groove of things next week...I guess I'm afraid my appetite will return before my energy will.

Any suggestions/encouragment?

Replies

• cvalastro
    Options
    You will be able to regroup and get back in your routine. I was sick also for about 2 weeks and couldn't exercise; but as I started feeling better I could hardly wait to start exercising again. It is like a new start, but that's okay - just start - otherwise consider the alternative and you don't want to do that!! Good luck.
  • LaDiablesse
    LaDiablesse Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't try to do anything really intense. Build back up to your exercise routine that you were doing before you got sick. Take it slow, and before you know it, you'll be back to where you were before getting sick. Good luck and hope you feel back to your normal self soon!