The Perfect Gene Diet by Pamela McDonald

lindainak
lindainak Posts: 101
edited September 24 in Introduce Yourself
Hi, Just wondering if anyone has had their DNA tested and found out what gene type they are? I just got my results today and will most likely die of heart disease or Alzheimers, take your pick. But a bit of good news is that I can most likely reverse the outcome if I eat right for my body/gene type.

Replies

• JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    how do you get that info?
  • Google, The Perfect Gene Diet, and buy the book. Also here is a website, http://perfectgenediet.com/
    The doctors office I use has just started this testing. He says I am his first to be tested. Cost $200 for the gene test.
    Totally think it is worth the money since after going to a dietician who gave me a one size fits all diet and I felt terrible
    on that diet. Don't go through your insurance though; you wouldn't want them to know what you are prone to.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    I've just started reading about the blood type diet. Then I also heard about the genotype diet that takes the blood type further. I will say that what I was reading isn't specifically a diet to lose weight, but more about what to eat to feel good and keep your body healthy. I agree, the one type fits all diet seems silly to me. Even on MFP everybody changes there percentages to what works for them.
  • No it is not designed to make you lose weight but as a by product you will lose if you follow the guidelines for the diet. And yes it is a rest of life chance.
    I was taking fish oil to reduce my bad cholesterol and increase good cholestrol numbers but my genes say that this is not what I should be taking. So 6 months of fish oil did more harm than good.
This discussion has been closed.