What are everyones favourite healthy vegetarian recipes? (:

Options
I've got really into vegetarian cooking lately, I'm looking for some more recipes I can try out.

Preferably quickish to make (not too much over an hour) and relatively low calorie.

Replies

• kngarber
    kngarber Posts: 227
    Options
    http://www.eatbetteramerica.com/recipes/global-flavors/vegetarian-chili.aspx

One of my favorites of all time! I am making it for a pitch in tomorrow!!
  • sara_m83
    sara_m83 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Pretty much everything on eatingwell.com tagged "vegetarian". They have a delicious sweet potato & goat cheese pasta that I am in love with.

I enjoy an easy dinner of roasted vegetables & twice baked potatoes, or homemade lasagna (I layer lasagna sheets, fresh spinach, mushrooms, eggplant, and fat free cottage cheese, then top with skim milk mozzarella & a bit of parmesan. My partner's favourite and about 350 cals per serve).
  • tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Tonight I made a vegetarian pizza. I used a thin pillsbury crust (i wanted a flat bread but couldn't get one at the store). I brushed it with olive oil and garlic basil seasoning. Low Fat mozzerella, roma tomatoe, eggplant, mushroom, zucchini, feta cheese and parmesan. It was a really great way to get my comfort food fix.
  • kelsully
    kelsully Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I take whatever veggies I have almost always got carrots and onions on hand, the rest varies but often times squash, mushrooms, asparagus, cauliflower etc.....I mist them with my olive oil mister, season with garlic, basil etc whatever my mood is and I roast them in the ovenat 350 while I am making some rice or quinoa etc....often times I will add black beans at theend... I always make enough to use for the next few meals. I will use left over veggies in a quesadilla with some avacado and cheese....in spaghetti....etc...super easy
  • bethikabob
    bethikabob Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Pretty much everything on eatingwell.com tagged "vegetarian."
    Agreed, I only cook vegetarian and the majority of recipes I use are from eating well.com. A quick list of recent faves: Indian mango dal, Asian Slaw with Tofu & Shiitake Mushrooms, Grilled Tofu with a Mediterranean Chopped Salad. Also, I'm madly in love with quinoa and tofu lol :) hope that helps.
  • doutri2
    doutri2 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I take whatever veggies I have almost always got carrots and onions on hand, the rest varies but often times squash, mushrooms, asparagus, cauliflower etc.....I mist them with my olive oil mister, season with garlic, basil etc whatever my mood is and I roast them in the ovenat 350 while I am making some rice or quinoa etc....often times I will add black beans at theend... I always make enough to use for the next few meals. I will use left over veggies in a quesadilla with some avacado and cheese....in spaghetti....etc...super easy

kelsully-
    This really sounds good. I am going to have to remember this trick.
  • doutri2
    doutri2 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I make zucchini pancakes that I just love. I top them with a little bottle spaghetti sauce or apple sauce.
  • Triguy83
    Triguy83 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I've got really into vegetarian cooking lately, I'm looking for some more recipes I can try out.

Preferably quickish to make (not too much over an hour) and relatively low calorie.
    vegetariantimes.com you will find everything and anything made quite a few dishes from there and all of them came out superb.
  • leandread
    leandread Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    If you have a grill pan, I'd try marinating some drained firm tofu (wrap a block of tofu in a paper towel and then a hand towel and place a bowl or plate on top of it to drain it. It makes the consistency more hearty than how it is right out of the water). I marinate the tofu in Bragg's Liquid Amino (my favorite salt substitute) and some teriyaki sauce. Heat the grill pan, spray it with some cooking spray (or get really fancy and get some grapeseed oil or sesame oil) and voila. Delicious!