Heavy on the A&E channel

Options
I tend to like all TV shows like this one: Biggest Loser, Thintervention, etc. I was so impressed by the ex-football player from GA on this past week's episode. He really rose to the challenge, but what was the coolest thing ever was when he fulfilled his promise to run on the treadmill one minute for every pound he lost.

He lost 180lbs in 6 months, so on his last day at the Health Resort, he ran for three hours.

I have done my share of running, but could never run for three hours consecutively. It was so awesome to watch.

Replies

• bhb301
    bhb301 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I know I'm obssessed with weight loss shows. That was amazing what he did.
  • ChefJenn
    ChefJenn Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    it was a great esp. and I live not too far from that guy here in Ga and it was all on the news channels
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I like Heavy more than The Biggest Loser. None of the crap game play. They are their for their health and their life; plain and simple.
  • sarahtroupe
    Options
    Yes I luv all weight loss shows they really inspire me:)
  • Seesaa
    Seesaa Posts: 451
    Options
    love heavy. it depicts weight loss better then biggest loser by showing all the good and bad.
  • gdotman
    Options
    Havent got to watch the show yet but I heard it was really good
  • Shaye85
    Shaye85 Posts: 107
    Options
    Havent watched an episode yet but i just set a reminder for next week!
  • GinaKurtz
    GinaKurtz Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty obsessed with those shows too! I was REALLY impressed by him! He had so much drive & ambition! His transformation was AMAZING!
  • doutri2
    doutri2 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I was at the health club on Tuesday evening working out in front of the TV's- that don't have speakers. It was on another channel and I asked the front desk clerk if we could change it to The Biggest Loser. Even if I can't hear it, I am still motivated by watching the contestants work.

Did anyone else see that crazy push-up that Bob did in the Trainer's Tip segment? I have not tried it yet. Has anyone? I think I would need a replay.
  • doutri2
    doutri2 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    On Monday, April 4th, A&E is having an update show for Heavy. It will be interesting to see who has maintained, lost more and/or gained.