can't catch a break

Options
back at the er.... this time...my 6 yr old daughter..who has had a fever for over five days..and it hit 104 tonight.. so here we sit.. pretty sad when the nurses recognize YOU huh? This is not helping my weight loss...to say the least! Sarah is snoozing though so that is good.

Replies

• LML79
    LML79 Posts: 697
    Options
    back at the er.... this time...my 6 yr old daughter..who has had a fever for over five days..and it hit 104 tonight.. so here we sit.. pretty sad when the nurses recognize YOU huh? This is not helping my weight loss...to say the least! Sarah is snoozing though so that is good.
  • PrincessDesiray
    PrincessDesiray Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear that. When my five year old was little we went through this as well cuz he is an asthmatic, we are thankfully not going through that that much anymore. I hope your little one gets better soon.
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    OMGosh. You are at the hospital AGAIN? You poor thing,,,,,:frown:
    How's everything?
    I wish I were there with you. I'd share my samich.:ohwell:
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    You poor thing. Had several ER visits with my kids too. My daughter had perpetual fevers about every three weeks, also sky-rocketing. Finally got her doctors to listen and do allergy tests and come to find out she's extremely allergic to cats. Since we got rid of our cat and disinfected the house, she hasn't been sick. Hopefully it is something very simple. We're here if you need us. :heart:
  • overthehillsandfaraway
    Options
    Heavenly Father, I pray for these parents who have their children sick in the hospital. May your hands rest on them so that they may be rejuvenated and healed. Thank you and in your Almighty name I pray. Amen.
  • Jendaya35
    Jendaya35 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Amen to that! we all wish you and your little one the best.:flowerforyou:
  • LML79
    Options
    Thanks everyone..and thanks for the prayers... we're still sitting here in the ER.. I feel like that old Benny's commercial where the guy is walking around aimlessly looking for service.."hello...HELLOO..Is anyone there??" lol A few years back Sarah got bitten by a Deer tick and got Lyme disease... so whenever she gets a fever..especially this time of year...for longer than a few days we get a little nervous.. because we aren't sure how long she has had this fever ( she was bounced around a little last week from one sitter to the next while we were in thet hospital with my 10 yr old) her pediatrician said to bring her straight in
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    :brokenheart: You poor thing
    My son had a deer tick on him for a week before I relaized it was a tick. It was so small I thought it was a scab. When I found it I thought I was the worst mom ever. Then he got a rash and I freaked!
    *sigh
    Being a mom is so hard sometimes.
    But your'e a great one and I bet your lil ones love you so much!:heart:
  • LML79
    Options
    :brokenheart: You poor thing
    My son had a deer tick on him for a week before I relaized it was a tick. It was so small I thought it was a scab. When I found it I thought I was the worst mom ever. Then he got a rash and I freaked!
    *sigh
    Being a mom is so hard sometimes.
    But your'e a great one and I bet your lil ones love you so much!:heart:

Yes when sarah had her deer tick..it was the size of a freckle..right behind her ear... and she broke out with the bullseye rash and everything. We got home from the hospital around 2am... and wont know the bloodwork till Monday.. but her fever has gone down from 104 to about 102...with the motrin and tylenol..so that's good..... I think we are elgible for our own reserved parking at the hospital now LOL!!!!