I need help!

I have been trying for years to lose weight. I have 4 kids and am 100 pounds more than I want to be. I'm 32 and I want to keep my health so my kids can grow up with a healthy mom and so I can get back into enjoying the outdoors in a more active manner. I just joined today and I could really use a boost. I have struggled with my weight for 15 years and I want the battle to end. This site looks like it could be a very useful tool in reaching that goal. A friend of mine introduced me to the site. She has been using it since January and has lost 22 pounds now I think she said. I need to lose too.

Replies

• JennyRev6
    JennyRev6 Posts: 2
    I have been trying for years to lose weight. I have 4 kids and am 100 pounds more than I want to be. I'm 32 and I want to keep my health so my kids can grow up with a healthy mom and so I can get back into enjoying the outdoors in a more active manner. I just joined today and I could really use a boost. I have struggled with my weight for 15 years and I want the battle to end. This site looks like it could be a very useful tool in reaching that goal. A friend of mine introduced me to the site. She has been using it since January and has lost 22 pounds now I think she said. I need to lose too.
  • Mattysmomma
    Mattysmomma Posts: 268
    Good luck! I need help too!!
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    WELCOME. Keep posting your thoughts and feelings and you'll get awesome feedback and encouragement. We can all do this together.
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Well you most certainly have come to the right place. Welcome to the MFP family. Let us know if you need anything, ok?:flowerforyou:
  • I am new here too, so welcome!
  • BreaNix
    BreaNix Posts: 205 Member
    Welcome to the site! :flowerforyou:

This place is great and the people are even better.
    The calorie counter is an extremely useful tool. Its important to eat all of your calories including your exercise calories.

If you keep your eyes on the site you will learn some great tips about everything from exercise to recipes to life lessons. :smile:

Welcome again, I know you'll like it here.

Don't forget to drink your water.:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Nicky
  • lassgirl
    lassgirl Posts: 22
    I'm new as well and I understand needing to lose over 100 lbs, I am there myself. Someone wise sent me a message when I first started not so long ago that I thought I would pass on to you. 2 lbs a week, 52 weeks in a year, that's over 100 lbs in a year. I am 35 and it took many more years than that to put on, so I understand where you are coming from. When you think of the years that have passed, a year does not seem so long. (Or maybe I am just old enough now that time flies faster than it used to.) Anyway, when you get discouraged, remember, only 2 pounds a week and in a year, that's a lot of weight lost. Good luck on your journey. This is a great place to start it from. :wink:
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Hi Jenny and Welcome:flowerforyou: I as others on here can relate to your struggles. I think you will find it to be a life changing experience, and losing the weight in a healthy slower way tends to lead to permanent weight loss and healthier eating habits. We are here for you anytime you need support just ask.:happy:
  • same boat. maybe we could chat about our motivations.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love this site if you don't already. I love it here. This site is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice, helpful and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey, you can do this.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :smile: :smile: