shoes

Options
I have a question....how do you know when you need new shoes? My feet hurt after my last work out almost burned.....my shoes were not new in January when I started MFP.

Once you buy new shoes common sense should tell me to break them in first before I jump on the treadmill...or can I put them on and go??

My favorite shoe is the Reebok DMX walkers but when I went to town I could not find them so I found a Nike cross trainers that I liked.....what do you think of the new Reebok with easy tone soles?

has anyone use the new tone shoes while walking on the treadmill.....seems dangerous to me :)

Replies

• MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I definitely need new shoes. I plan on going to this runner store where my brother in law goes to (he's a marathon runner). The associates there are all runners. They actually take the time to see you walk in their store (without your shoes on) to see what shoes will be best for you. I think my brother in law buys a new pair every 9 months but he runs 16 miles every other day.
  • Tuckersn
    Tuckersn Posts: 149
    Options
    The running stores that do gate analysis are nice!! The tone shoes, I've heard, don't really help . . . am I getting that wrong? I'm sure someone will correct if I am. I would rather have a great shoe, that fits and does its job.
  • tnamick
    Options
    I have looked at some of the reviews for the Reebok Easy Tones at various stores and it seems like they "pop" easily. To me, I would feel much safer with my investment as well as on the treadmill in a pair of Nike's or Addidas. I like the Nike shoxs personally. They feel much better on my feet.
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    If you're going to do treadmill type workouts, get the Runtones. I love mine. The easy tones are for casual walking, etc--hard exercise, I think, makes you likely to turn an ankle. But the Runtones are great, I wear them for everything with no problem.

PS no clue if they actually tone, but my feet feel great so that's enough for me.
  • CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    If you want the shoes you can't find then order them online. Better to get what you want then get something you just settled for.
  • snazzycee
    snazzycee Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Actually that what I wear and they work great for me with no problem! I have the one for walking not running...hope this will help you.
  • snazzycee
    snazzycee Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I agree!
  • Jess21684
    Jess21684 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Ive heard that you shouldnt wear toning type shoes if your workouts are pretty intense, they may cause injury as they are a little more unstable. Im not sure how well toning shoes actually work, ive seen a lot of talk about how they dont really tone all that well but who knows?! If your looking for really comfortable shoes for working out, I def suggest Asics gels. I just bought a pair and they are super comfortable and really help with running/jogging comfort, if you do any of that. They are great shoes though! a little spendy, but way worth it