I Cleaned ALL the Things!!!!

Options
I like to clean. When I'm cleaning my apartment I'm not only clearing out mess and clutter, but I also clear my mind. I do a quick 10 second pick up every night and a deep clean every Saturday, but lack of time has prevented it from happening lately. I decided to just drop everything and clean today. I cleaned like a fiend. It felt awesome.

What does this have to do with fitness? I decided to turn my cleaning into a workout. I just cranked up the music and danced around while dusting, I did squats will cleaning the sliding glass doors, I would take one item at a time to its destination to promote more moving, I did ab exercises (think Ab Roller type things) while hand scrubbing the floors...I basically just added a little oomph to my normal cleaning routine. It felt great. I worked up quite the sweat and was almost sad to get in my sparkly clean shower.

Call me a strange one, but this may be my favorite work out yet.

Replies

• kmtetour
    kmtetour Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I wish I could get that passionate about cleaning my house. Talk about "Cleaning, vigorous."
  • annabelmartinez
    annabelmartinez Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    You can clean my house.... lol =)
  • KrystalLight03
    Options
    Being a poor college student, I pondered today if people would pay me to clean all their things... I know my old roommate would be the first one knocking on my door (I still have nightmares about her mess) :laugh:
  • CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I LOVE DOING THAT!!!
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    People would definitely pay you! I see posts on my college's online classified thing all the time asking for someone to come clean their apt or dorm room, especially around the time of dorm checks. I even saw one dorm suite offering $15 for someone to come do their dishes that night. Easy money!
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Just popping in to give two thumbs up to the reference. :)

Also, come clean all my things! I tried to clean all the things yesterday, but I got burned out at about the halfway point. I was rocking out to music half the time though, so while it was a good workout, it probably wasn't the most efficient use of my time.
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    Being a poor college student, I pondered today if people would pay me to clean all their things... I know my old roommate would be the first one knocking on my door (I still have nightmares about her mess) :laugh:
    in all seriousness it is a great way to make money!!
  • Hourglass25
    Hourglass25 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I also love cleanning, I am a stay at home mom and all i do is clean, friends come over and cant believe i have children. I cant stand messy, but I work out before or after cleanning, a lot of the times before.
  • xarrium
    xarrium Posts: 432 Member
    Options

Sometimes I wonder if I could live off of folding laundry. (It satisfies the "OMG EVERYTHING NEEDS TO BE FOLDED THE SAME WAY" OCD-ish part of my brain.

That 10-second pickup sounds like a great idea, I'm going to have the try that!
  • KrystalLight03
    Options
    Thanks for all the encouragement guys! I might put a few signs out at the bus stops or something about my new cleaning services.

xarrium - I too am OCD about folding. My mom did all my laundry last weekend while I was out running errands and I had to refold all of it today as I was putting it away...she kept switching up the sleeves folded inside or outside (drives me crazy!)
  • Allibaba
    Allibaba Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I really need to clean up my place, I think that I will give this a go tonight, crank up the tunes and me and my son will POWER CLEAN! Thanks for the motivation :drinker:
  • handkeswife
    handkeswife Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I also count housecleaning as exercise. I noticed there's no category for it under exercise here, but on a site I used to belong to, housecleaning counted for some nominal amount, like 100 cal/hr, but you could include it. :)

PS...I used to pay a housecleaner $30/hr when I was a working mommy. You can make some serious money at it if you're thorough.
  • ajbeans
    Options
    I also count housecleaning as exercise. I noticed there's no category for it under exercise here, but on a site I used to belong to, housecleaning counted for some nominal amount, like 100 cal/hr, but you could include it. :)

PS...I used to pay a housecleaner $30/hr when I was a working mommy. You can make some serious money at it if you're thorough.

It's in the exercise thing. I count it a lot.
  • jlcghs27408
    jlcghs27408 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Just gotta say the hyperbole & a half reference made my day! :D
  • handkeswife
    handkeswife Posts: 7 Member
    Options

Oh wow. Guess I missed it last night when I was looking. Thanks!
  • ajbeans
    Options

Oh wow. Guess I missed it last night when I was looking. Thanks!

I just looked and it's under "cleaning" and then you choose how vigorously you worked. I couldn't find it at first either because I used to search for "housework." :)
  • kaits108
    kaits108 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I like to clean. When I'm cleaning my apartment I'm not only clearing out mess and clutter, but I also clear my mind. I do a quick 10 second pick up every night and a deep clean every Saturday, but lack of time has prevented it from happening lately. I decided to just drop everything and clean today. I cleaned like a fiend. It felt awesome.

What does this have to do with fitness? I decided to turn my cleaning into a workout. I just cranked up the music and danced around while dusting, I did squats will cleaning the sliding glass doors, I would take one item at a time to its destination to promote more moving, I did ab exercises (think Ab Roller type things) while hand scrubbing the floors...I basically just added a little oomph to my normal cleaning routine. It felt great. I worked up quite the sweat and was almost sad to get in my sparkly clean shower.

Call me a strange one, but this may be my favorite work out yet.

heheh that's awesome! i'm gonna dance clean on Sunday! :)
  • KrystalLight03
    Options
    jlcghs27408 - I'm glad that some people got the reference! Hyperbole and a Half always brightens my day :smile: