New uses for salad dressing spray

Options
lassgirl
lassgirl Posts: 22
So I am no cook, and maybe this is nothing new, but I bought some Salad Spray, One calorie per spray of Italian dressing and found I DID NOT like it on salad. ~shudders~ However, I did find that I love it sprayed on potato wedges and laid on a baking pan, then sprinkled with Mrs. Dash. Easy way to add lots of flavor to potato's and only a few calories and no sodium.

I also used it to spray the bottom of the non-stick pan for lean meats that don't have enough fat to keep from sticking. It's oily enough to keep things from sticking without adding fatty oil. Added some nice flavor without the calories. Made a meal that my whole family loved, full of flavor and good on the ole calorie count.

Replies

• lassgirl
    Options
    So I am no cook, and maybe this is nothing new, but I bought some Salad Spray, One calorie per spray of Italian dressing and found I DID NOT like it on salad. ~shudders~ However, I did find that I love it sprayed on potato wedges and laid on a baking pan, then sprinkled with Mrs. Dash. Easy way to add lots of flavor to potato's and only a few calories and no sodium.

I also used it to spray the bottom of the non-stick pan for lean meats that don't have enough fat to keep from sticking. It's oily enough to keep things from sticking without adding fatty oil. Added some nice flavor without the calories. Made a meal that my whole family loved, full of flavor and good on the ole calorie count.
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    That is such a good idea! Thanks for the post!:happy:
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the great tips.......:happy:
  • lassgirl
    Options
    Oh, and one more. My family loves green peppers and onions with things, which I used to cook in loads of butter, bad me ~smacks her own hand~. But I found they are super yummy when cut up and laid out on a baking pan, sprayed with the dressing spray with some seasoning and just roasted. Dare I say it? Yep, I'm gonna go there..... tastes as good to me as they did cooked in butter.
  • nytoaz
    nytoaz Posts: 143
    Options
    What a great idea!! I'm definitely going to try it. (I bought some too, and I didn't like it on salad either :sick: ) Thanks! :flowerforyou:
  • 2day4ever
    2day4ever Posts: 178
    Options
    Fabulous ideas! I'm looking forward to expanding my list of options with it.

We use that salad spray on green beans and then sprinkle some ground pepper on top. I've also spritzed it on fresh cucumber or radishes.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    That's a great idea lassgirl! Thanks.
    I know you didn't like the Italian spray, but have you tried other sprays? The Rasberry Bliss is REALLY good on salad!
  • BrenNew
    Options
    I know you didn't like the Italian spray, but have you tried other sprays? The Rasberry Bliss is REALLY good on salad!
  • BrenNew
    Options
  • BrenNew
    Options
    Thanks for the great idea!
    Have you tried other sprays, cuz I think that the Rasberry Bliss is just GREAT on salad!
  • BrenNew
    Options
    Wow, sorry for all the posts! My computer was freezing up on me, so I didn't think it went! I restarted the puter and tried again! LOL. Geez!
  • lassgirl
    Options
    Well, I am definately going to have to try the raspberry dressing now....Lol. Some are good but for some reason the italian makes lettuce more chewy tasting to me or something...go figure.

Sounds good on green beans and cucumbers? Genius! I never thought of that one, thanks!
  • ColeenSanLeon
    ColeenSanLeon Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Great ideas! Now I know what to do with the 2 bottles I bought that I disliked on salad too!! Maybe you could trade your new marketing idea to them for a free case or two!! LOL