Ever have one of the moments.....

Options
amymeenieminymo
amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
....where you just look in the mirror and think, "damn I look good"! I just experienced that and it was quite a good feeling. I've only lost 12 pounds so far (though I am on track with a pound a week) but it has really made a difference. It also helps that I just got an airbrush tan, and I always think a tan makes you look a lot thinner and sexier. I feel good and I think I can make the weight loss stick, if only I could figure out an easy way to make the tan stay that doesn't involve $30 or exposing myself to skin cancer :grumble:

May you all have a "damn I look good moment" soon!

Replies

• amymeenieminymo
    Options
    ....where you just look in the mirror and think, "damn I look good"! I just experienced that and it was quite a good feeling. I've only lost 12 pounds so far (though I am on track with a pound a week) but it has really made a difference. It also helps that I just got an airbrush tan, and I always think a tan makes you look a lot thinner and sexier. I feel good and I think I can make the weight loss stick, if only I could figure out an easy way to make the tan stay that doesn't involve $30 or exposing myself to skin cancer :grumble:

May you all have a "damn I look good moment" soon!
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    LOL. I do the real tan (have for 10 years)and I've been ok thus far.
    I wish I could be like you and don't say UARGHHHHHh when I see myself.
    Good for you, girl.:smile:
  • amymeenieminymo
    Options
    But you've lost 47 pounds! That's a huge accomplishment, thats awesome. Good for you, I can only hope I'll lose that much. Just make sure to look at old pictures or try one those "skinny jeans". You'll be saying wow too I am sure. Good luck!
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    :happy:
    Thank you. I am In an 8 now (which is good for a big boned girl) and I'm happily tan....LOL

Feel free to ask me any questions......:bigsmile:
  • ColeenSanLeon
    ColeenSanLeon Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Congrats for the awesome moment! Nothing feels better than when yourself compliments yourself!!
  • ColeenSanLeon
    ColeenSanLeon Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Speaking of tan, that's been my dliemna lately. I tan pretty easy naturally, but have been working alot and am starting to fade into white again. I am on the edge of buying a tanning membership for just a month, but then I think I should lose more weight first so I don't tan all funky (rolls etc). I work in the marine industry where it feels like everyone is tan, thin and all the women are in bikinis...!

I worry too about tanning beds being bad for your body, but I do LOVE a good tan. You are right, it just makes you feel better. Of course, I love lying in the sun...
  • Quenofcrazzy
    Quenofcrazzy Posts: 358
    Options
    12 pounds is a great loss.

I wish I could tan easiely..but with the family history of skin cancer..I don't do it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!