A pancake story.

Options
So with the snowstorm of doom upon us the kids were off of school. They talked me into making them pancakes for breakfast. Keep in mind Ihop has got nothing on me! So I whip up a batch of flapjacks for the kids. Normally I use the sugar free syrup and spray butter on mine. NOT TODAY!!!!!! As I was preparing the kids food The butter and regular syrup looked to good to pass up. So I carefully measured everything out like a responsible dieter would and commenced eating my super calorie laden breakfast. When I finished the last bite I couldn't help but notice there was still a lot of butter and syrup on the plate. Wouldn't you know it I licked every bit of that butter and syrup off that plate. I figured if I'm charging myself the calories for it I'M GONNA EAT IT! I felt like some kind of syrup crackhead. So I will have to work extra hard on the treadmill later to make up for it but it was so worth it!!!!!!

Replies

• cookingcriolla
    Options
    LOL, I don't blame you!! You own it so enjoy it!
  • KristenAnn711
    Options
    Sometimes you just have to give in. As long as you pay for it later lol
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    dont feel bad :) if i didnt have my fun food fridays with my bestie, i would lose my mind!
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Thanks for a good laugh this morning. I could just see you getting every last drop off of your plate. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: It will be OK. Just burn them off. We all desire a break every once in a while.
  • LilOlMe69
    LilOlMe69 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    As one of my super supporters always says,"Remember, it's not what you did, but what you do about it that counts!" Hang in there! :D
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    Recently, I thought I wanted some pancakes, but once I started eating them, they were to sweet. I guess since I have cut all sweeteners out of my diet, it is just to much for me.