Where do you keep yours???

Options
I know some people post pictures of skinny bikini models or even of themselves when they were thinner on their refrigerators to remind them of their goals... for me, those pictures would be covered by childrens art work, school menus, dr appt cards... I choose to place my scale right beside my refrigerator- to where I actually have to step over it to open the door. I'm just curious- where do you keep your scale?

In reality I'm not that into weighing myself (maybe once or twice a month- but the scale reminds me to watch what I eat) - for me this is more of a life journey (spiritual, mental and physical) than just a weight loss journey.

Replies

• ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Master Bathroom. I use it correctly but I too am on a life long journey and don't really care what it says at the moment. I know I am on the right track and will reach my goal and maintain it once I'm there.
  • mandydanyele
    Options
    My Scale is............right by my bed at the moment.
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    My scale is right by my front door. There isn't room for it in any of my tiny bathrooms and the bedrooms are carpeted... so the front entryway is the best spot. (It is also a good reminder to weigh before heading to the kitchen for breakfast!)
  • foyboy
    foyboy Posts: 49
    Options
    Spare bedroom . . .
  • Trovan
    Trovan Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of like you, most of the time. I'm kind of on a life-long journey, and don't really weigh myself every day. I do weigh about once a week, on my Wii Fit. It's the only scale we own.
  • DivaDLB
    DivaDLB Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Mine is in my bathroom. I weigh myself in the morning and sometimes in the evening. But I only use the weight from the morning as my checkin. I try not to weigh myself daily so that I don't get discouraged. I am more concerned about how I feel that my actualy weight.
  • DivaDLB
    DivaDLB Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of like you, most of the time. I'm kind of on a life-long journey, and don't really weigh myself every day. I do weigh about once a week, on my Wii Fit. It's the only scale we own.
    I use my Wii Fit scale too but I hate to see my Mii look sad. :sad:
  • rmoyer243
    Options
    My scale is my nintendo wii it is in the basement and I weigh in every monday and usually some days during the week. I work in a restaurant whose calories are out of this world so for me to lose weight while working at this place is a very big accomplisment. so far I have lost 34 pounds in 11 weeks. there are so many temptations and that alone is the hardest thing for me, but hey Im doing it!!!
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    Bathroom. I weigh myself randomly, maybe every two weeks or so. I take measurements twice a month on schedule tho, have a measuring tape in my purse. :laugh:
  • nukehiker
    Options
    mine is in my bathroom i guess after using the facilities in the am, then i can weigh myself. normally weigh once a week on Sundays or Mondays.
  • Wendi_S
    Wendi_S Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    My scale is my nintendo wii it is in the basement and I weigh in every monday and usually some days during the week. I work in a restaurant whose calories are out of this world so for me to lose weight while working at this place is a very big accomplisment. so far I have lost 34 pounds in 11 weeks. there are so many temptations and that alone is the hardest thing for me, but hey Im doing it!!!

Awesome job on the weight loss so far!!! I can't imagine working in a restaurant and trying to diet!
  • Wendi_S
    Options
    Bathroom. I weigh myself randomly, maybe every two weeks or so. I take measurements twice a month on schedule tho, have a measuring tape in my purse. :laugh:

Same here- I have a measuring tape in both bathrooms, my bedroom and the kitchen.... I am much more interested in the inches lost than the lbs gone.....
  • Tomhusker
    Tomhusker Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I have mine leaning up against my computer desk. I put it away so I am not tempted to weigh myself more than once a week. I do hop on the scale at the gym, but there I am wearing my workout gear and a ton of sweat. My weekly weigh ins are done sans clothing.
  • Wendi_S
    Options
    I have mine leaning up against my computer desk. I put it away so I am not tempted to weigh myself more than once a week. I do hop on the scale at the gym, but there I am wearing my workout gear and a ton of sweat. My weekly weigh ins are done sans clothing.

When I do weigh myself it is also sans clothing- but I take the scale into the bathroom to do that. *unless I'm the only one home LOL*
  • Nigel99
    Nigel99 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    My scale is under a table in our family room. Close at hand for weighing in each week right before working out, but out of the way for daily room use.
  • SarahR1984
    Options
    Mine is slipped under a cabinet in the bathroom. out of sight out of mind! lol, I used to weigh myself every week or twice a week but I got too discouraged with the fluctuations. Now I weigh myself whenever I feel thinner! lol,
  • Meganne1982
    Options
    I know some people post pictures of skinny bikini models or even of themselves when they were thinner on their refrigerators to remind them of their goals...

I keep a picture of me at my heaviest on the fridge door. That pretty much does the job. :)
  • angela828
    angela828 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    in my bathroom to remind me to only weigh myself in the morning after I pee! :)
  • doggiemomma
    Options
    At my office. I keep it at my work so that I am not led to weigh all the time. It stays here and then I weigh on Wednesday am when I come in. No more until the next Wednesday.
  • FORKDOWN
    FORKDOWN Posts: 1,754
    Options
    By the shower. No clothes equals less weight.

:ohwell: