I want to look like I feel!

Options
Weight has always been at the front of my mind. My Father's side are all above 300lbs. and all suffer from diabetes, and I have tried to remain conscious of my weight so that I can remain as healthy as I can as I age. Recently I hit my heaviest at 145. I have noticed I still see the 115 pound person in the mirror, it almost like I only see what I want to until I go to purchase a new outfit, then swear something is wrong with the fitting rooms mirror, or the way the brand sizes their clothes. I ready to stop lying to myself, and have realized I need a bit more education to get control of my weight before its too late.

Replies

• Nanadena
    Nanadena Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Boy, I can relate to that! I am where I am today because I did not acknowledge the truth. My family also has diabetes and heart disease, and I have already lost two sisters to it. I have no excuse!
  • 2bfitforever
    2bfitforever Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I can relate!
  • Deszare
    Deszare Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Don't think too much about it. You'll get your self sick just thinking about it all the time. All you should focus on is taking one step and one day at a time. Pick a small goal to start off with then once you reach that goal just like this web site already tells you to do. Write a new one down. Your Father and his side of his and your family should already or can be your inspiration to make your self get healthy. You have the people on this web site to back you up. Stay strong! :)
  • eayer
    eayer Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks!!!! i didn't realize how much support is out there in this site. I assumed it was like many I have found. Thanks! Its nice knowing your not alone :)
  • spaboleo
    spaboleo Posts: 172
    Options
    Same sh** here :wink:

Since half a year I am running around feeling really really chubby (shirts are stretching a little and seem to be to short and so on), because I don't want to buy myself new cloth...
    I think I'm to stubborn to accept that I gained weight...again...

Maybe hoping for better days to come, when they might fit again?

Right, they will come :) That's why we're here ;)