Peanut Butter Breakfast idea

Options
foxyforce
foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
I love peanut butter sandwhiches, so I will eat them whenever I can

This morning I took two 100% whole wheat pieces of bread, some natural peanut butter, slices strawberries, sliced banana, sandwhiched together and fried on a non stick pan

It melted the peanut butter and made the fruit warm and gooey...it was awesome.

Replies

• funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    That sounds amazing!!! Thanks for the idea!
  • ladyjh578
    Options
    I toast some eggo waffles and smack some PB in the center. eat like a sandwich and the PB melts also. It is dangerously yummy!!!
  • Aitenev
    Options
    Oh my! This sounds great. I'm going to try this. Thanks!
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I toast some eggo waffles and smack some PB in the center. eat like a sandwich and the PB melts also. It is dangerously yummy!!!

i do something similar to that!
    i toast some whole grain waffles, with a tbsp of natural peanut butter on each half, then put sliced bananas on top, and eat it like an open faced sandwich.

banana + peanut butter = love
  • baypathgradLyns
    baypathgradLyns Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    you are making me hungryyyy! I LOVE pb!
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    "fried" peanut butter sandwiches are my favorite snack to use up my cals at the end of the day. I like it with banana Elvis style. So gooey and delicious. I try not to feel guilty, but it's hard ;-)))
  • eating4balance
    eating4balance Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I love whole wheat toast with peanut butter and a serving of egg beaters on the side.

Only 200 calories!

(Schwebels lite wheat bread-70 cal. for 2 slices, smucker's natural peanut butter- 100 cal. and 1/4 cup egg beaters- 30 cal.)
  • reginarb
    Options
    Thanks for the idea. My kids would eat that too.
  • ymamyma
    ymamyma Posts: 227
    Options
    That sounds delicious!!
  • Jenn080203
    Options
    Okkkk, NOW i'm hungry!!! LOL
  • rachgleeson
    rachgleeson Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    That sounds yummy, i love peanut butter with banana anyway never tried it with strawberries
  • NotAllWhoWanderAreLost
    Options
    [kicks herself for not buying strawberries at the grocery store last night]
    :sad:
  • emmyvera
    emmyvera Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    i put peanut butter on waffles a lot and love it!

sometimes i add banana and sometimes i had NUTELLA and it is like a dessert. us a little goes a long away! :bigsmile:
  • almondbliss
    Options
    Honestly I think peanut butter and strawberries taste better than chocolate covered strawberries.
  • lovesauburn
    lovesauburn Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You are to funny!! I did get strawberries for a spinach salad and my "oscar night" party Sunday night! Might have to try someones suggestion of having them with peanut butter, I was thinking dipping a few in melted semi-sweet choc. chips :wink:
  • cbabe6377
    Options
    Make some protein shakes!! 1 1/2 scoops of whey protein powder, medium sized banana, 1 tablespoon peanut butter, and a lil bit of non fat milk or soy milk.
  • jen0619
    jen0619 Posts: 414
    Options
    Mm. that sounds delicious!! Some mornings I mash half banana add 1 tbsp of peanut butter heat it in the microwave for roughly 20 sec take it out mix it around. Spread it on half of a flatout bread or a lowcarb tortilla. Then I sprinkle ground cinnamon on top fold the other half over and bake in the oven for 15-20mins. It is so yummy!!
  • funnygrrl
    funnygrrl Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    every day, i have a tsp of peanut butter to get my metabolism going, but have yet to branch out to the bananas... i'll have to try it, and the eggo idea sounds fantastic!!
  • deb54
    deb54 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Every morning I add a tsp of pb to my oatmeal with a couple tsp. of stevia...yummy !!!
  • deb54
    deb54 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy !!! Bump