30 Day Shred by Jillian Micheals

Options
I want to know if anybody has tried the 30 Day Shred video by Jillian Micheals? I have it and have used it a handful of times but was wondering how many calories you think it burns for level 1?...(which I am still on). I want to log it into my cardio tracker but am unsure of how many calories. Help please!!!

Replies

• kalli4
    kalli4 Posts: 13
    Options
    I have the same question so hopefully someone can help. I searched all over online and found a few different things saying that people burnt 200-260 calories doing the shred. I'm not sure what level that is. But I just put it as 200 calories under my exercise program. I certainly feel like I'm burning more than that though.
  • suzieatkinson
    Options
    I was thinking more like 400!! Oh man, 200 isn't enough...well...it is only 23 minutes long. I guess 200 isn't that bad.
  • kalli4
    kalli4 Posts: 13
    Options
    Just wanted you to know that I bought a HR/CAL monitor yesterday and used it while doing she Shred workout this morning and it was pretty close to 200. Actually, and unfortunately it was a little less, but what you burn all depends on your weight and effort put into it so maybe you are burning more. I am petite so I knew I would be on the smaller end of the CAL burned but didn't realize it would be less. I am so bummed. I start P90X on Monday and I'm hoping I'll burn a ton doing those because other people say they are burning 400-600 per workout. I would love that!!!
  • melissa0001
    melissa0001 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I borrowed a HRM from someone one time doing the 30 day shred. I burned 310 calories. But I am 5'9" and was 240 lbs at the time. So if you are smaller it probably would be less
  • mschelle
    mschelle Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I did Shred last year....after not working out for a few years. It was wickedly hard, but oh so effective. It does only burn like 200-250 calories, but that's because it's only 20 minutes You can't realistically expect more than about 10 calories a minute for busting your butt - and most exercises that are less intense are about half that rate. So I still highly recommend that program to beginners or anyone who needs quick workouts. I lost about 10 lbs that first month with Shred.

I started P90x this year. It's a lot more intense than Shred, but if I hadn't done the Shred program (and all the other BL stuff) last year, there is no way I could do X now. I couldn't even do a push up before Shred! Now I can do the dozens X has you do every other day - plus pull ups!

ps Don't be detered by my meager loss in my ticker - I gained a lot of weight recently from medication.
  • scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Just wanted you to know that I bought a HR/CAL monitor yesterday and used it while doing she Shred workout this morning and it was pretty close to 200. Actually, and unfortunately it was a little less, but what you burn all depends on your weight and effort put into it so maybe you are burning more. I am petite so I knew I would be on the smaller end of the CAL burned but didn't realize it would be less. I am so bummed. I start P90X on Monday and I'm hoping I'll burn a ton doing those because other people say they are burning 400-600 per workout. I would love that!!!

P90X is three times as long as 30DS, so I'd hope that you'd burn 400-600!
  • amandakay23
    amandakay23 Posts: 156
    Options
    The key is to get a HRM...I have been doing 30 DS for about 3 weeks, am on level 3, and am shocked at how much I burn fluctuates from day to day!
  • lanie13
    lanie13 Posts: 55
    Options
    When I first started I burned over 400 per Level. I've been on Level 3 for quite sometime now and burn an average of 200 calories.
  • WrenLynn
    WrenLynn Posts: 213
    Options
    I am 5'3" and weigh 164 and my hrm says I burn right at 200 but then you take into account the calories I would have burned during those minutes anyways and subtract them so comes out to about 170 calories burned that I can actually claim.
  • dmisom79
    dmisom79 Posts: 112
    Options
    i just recently got a HRM and according to it, i burned 430 calories on one session of Level 2. It does go up or down depending on how hard I do the exercise that day, etc. I'm 5'6" and about 162 and my weight is plugged into my HRM so I'm assuming it's accurate. i have noticed so far that I burn more than I thought I was burning and more than MFP tells me for 20 minutes of Circuit Training.