I want to be okay with taking pictures

Options
I had the wonderful opportunity last year to study abroad in Italy. It was an amazing and life changing experience, but when I got home to show my pictures to my family everyone kept asking where I was in the photos and why didn't I take pictures with the sites. It then hit me that I don't like taking pictures. I don't like seeing my weight. Somehow it's different than looking in the mirror. As an avid scrapbooker I love using photos to preserve special memories, but I haven't liked being in the photos for a very long time. I want to be able to be in my own pictures with my husband and not have to feel like it's a big deal. He always tells me I don't have to "prepare" for pictures, but I feel like if my hair isn't right and my make up isn't right then all that will shine through is my weight. My goal is to gain back the confidence to be in my own pictures!! As I prepare to graduate, I feel like I'm running out of time and if I'm going to start I need to start NOW! So, here it goes.
~Sarah

Replies

• jrueckert
    jrueckert Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of the same way. I love taking pictures and usually like being in them, but I critique the heck out of myself in every picture I take and make myself feel horrible!! I also have a goal of being in pictures and loving how I look, no matter what hair is out of place!!
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    YOu will love this site! Its awesome!
  • erinkelly2
    erinkelly2 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I posted something just like this earlier this morning. I realized that I am not in hardly any of my family's pictures for the past 3 years. Good luck to you on your weightloss journey!
  • dovestorm2486
    dovestorm2486 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean!!! There have been a LOT less pictures of me over the last eight years!!! It's sad when you get to a point you no longer feel comfortable in your own skin! Good luck on your journey to a healthier you!