alternatives to peanuts at baseball game?

sabes2631
sabes2631 Posts: 403 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
I LOVE peanuts... and they are usually my downfall when we go to any baseball game...

We are going to Shea stadium tonight for yanks/mets... I am budgeting for 2 beers. and a hot dog....

what else can I eat besides peanuts that are as good and as fun?

Replies

• sabes2631
    I LOVE peanuts... and they are usually my downfall when we go to any baseball game...

We are going to Shea stadium tonight for yanks/mets... I am budgeting for 2 beers. and a hot dog....

what else can I eat besides peanuts that are as good and as fun?
  • aaubrey
    aaubrey Posts: 168 Member
    popcorn no oily butter though. pickles are good if you like them. And a snow cone wouldnt be that bad either. And it seems like stadiums (at least minute maid park in houston) has every type of food imaginable even salads! So, if you keep your wits about you, you should be able to have a good time and stay reasonable.
  • food_junkie
    food_junkie Posts: 434
    Can you bring fruit to a baseball game? Lol, I've never been to one.
  • sabes2631
    3 -- 16 oz beers (i usually only have 2) , a regular hot dog and a bun is about 630 calories... I am planning for that ... def will go for popcorn.... will pick up some low cal at the store on way in....

Fruit LOVE IT... not so much at a b ball game!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL i unfortunately want junk...
  • chelsey787
    chelsey787 Posts: 261
    although you will be trying to stay away from those peanuts, remember that peanuts are full of great fats! - and don't forget about protein. so even if you do slip up from your plan, don't be too hard on yourself! have fun at the game!
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Take me out to the ballgame...

Well the song says it all. If you're not going to have peanuts, then get some Cracker Jack. The original box only has 120 calories and is yummy. It's part of the tradition.

I hope your team wins (unless it's the Dodgers!)
  • sabes2631
    didnt do too bad! Corn nuts were 220 cal for a package, had only some peanuts and shared the hot dog with my fiance...

The beer got me! Adds up quick! only had 4 throughout the day, but that came in at 600 calories... grrr.
    Thanks for the input ! Definitely helped!

PS.. GO YANKS
  • Somehow, just somehow, I manage to sneak in Quaker rice cakes for those events. Almonds are also a nice little treat to have for situations like this.

If anything, the beer is the only thing I have to worry about. :laugh: :smokin:
This discussion has been closed.