Low carb diet

Options
Is there anyone out there who has had success on a very low carb diet?

Replies

• crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    what do you mean by "very low"

as in atkins levels of 20g per day?

I have mine set to 20% in which I cannot have more than 60g per day. I tend to stay around that except on days i work out. i was binge eating a ton before and now I haven't been. I have lost 13.6 pounds in the past month
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I did. Mostly, ate fruits, vegetables, all kinds, and for protein, I ate pinto beans with cilantro , and then Id have chicken breasts, off and on during the week, for protein as well

I ate tons of berries, they really really helped in the summer months , theyre cheaper when theyre in season, and exercised.......I avoid ALL processed foods like the plague........

they are full of sugars and salts...........sodium is high in boxed foods, I read the labels.........good luck........Lloyd
  • YayMe17
    YayMe17 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    never mind. I didn't know how to delete my post. :)
  • diloluke
    Options
    I try to stay under 40 grams/day (not including fiber). Also, I have a protein/fruit shake before I work out (for energy)and a snack size candy bar right after I work out (my workouts are usually 1-2 hours long) and I don't count the carbs I eat before and after my workouts. So far so good. This diet helps me cut down on snacking ( there is nothing to snack on). I really don't want to lose wt I'm just trying to get in better shape for my vacation next month. This is definitely not anything I could do forever.