What's a good protein shake?

Options
I'm starting P90X for the first time soon and will need a good protein drink. My palate is very picky so I need something that tastes good but doesn't cost and arm and a leg. Any advice?

Replies

• raising2ells
    raising2ells Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    bump
  • 149Lore
    Options
    I recommend the Herbalife protein shake... it's delicious i've been using it and it really reduces my hunger!! its great and I love it.
  • BECav0602
    BECav0602 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    In a blender, combine 3/4 cup skim milk (for
    vegan plan, substitute soy or almond milk),
    1/2 banana, 1/2 cup frozen raspberries, 1/2
    cup frozen blueberries, 1 scoop vanilla whey
    protein powder (for vegan plan, substitute
    soy, rice, or pea protein powder), 1/4
    teaspoon cinnamon, and 5 ice cubes.

This tastes really good. I use 1/2 banana, strawberries and blueberries but I feel any fruit is probably ok. It is from Joy Bauer's detox plan.
  • ashleyplus3
    ashleyplus3 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Good luck with PX90! I watch that infomercial all the time - but have never taken the next step and ordered the program!

Anyway, here is my favorite protein powder. I like the vanilla. It's cheaper on Amazon than at my health food store. If you go to this link you can read all the reviews! :smile:

http://www.amazon.com/100%-Whey-Protein-Isolate--Vanilla-Powder/dp/B0017ODT0Q/ref=sr_1_6?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1298655599&sr=1-6
  • Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    I used to use the lean meal replacements from Metabolic Nutrition. The vanilla was better tasting than most and really helped with recovery.
  • Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I use whet protein ( vanilla )
    Tap. Dry pudding
    Skim milk
    Blend
    You can add bananas, enjoy....
  • Lunachic77
    Lunachic77 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I use GNC Pro Performance Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60. I use the vanilla flavor because it is pretty neutral and I can mix various ingredients in it without being confined to a flavor such as cookies and cream or fruit punch. I usually mix it with a cup of frozen fruit (strawberries or mixed berries) a cup of skim milk and just blend it really well and put it in one of those blender/shaker cups with the whisk. It's very filling and holds me over until lunch and it tastes good too.