TurboFire - Your Thoughts...good, bad and ugly...

Options
About to make the investment, but I want to know your thoughts. Treadmill and Arc Trainer are starting to bore me and when the Spring comes I wanna have something else that I can do. I can put my tv out on my patio and work out outside.

Give me some TurboFire feedback PLEASE!!!

Replies

• kimi233
    kimi233 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!!! I'm an addict for life on it now!!! =)
  • DivaDLB
    DivaDLB Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. Was it hard to get started?
  • BeSexy
    BeSexy Posts: 94
    Options
    LOVE IT! the combos can be confusing at first but chalene is awesome and it's a lot of fun!
  • tammilk
    tammilk Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT! I only have good things to say about it. It is fun, the music is catchy and i looke forward to working out!
  • katiemeridien
    Options
    I bought Turbofire and I must say that there is a LOT of jumping involved. The routines are difficult to follow and very fast paced. I wouldn't suggest Turbofire for anyone overweight because the impact of jumping and these movements can hurt you and only set you back a few weeks.

If you're looking for a beachbody.com type of video, I'd do power 90. It's reasonable, works, and is at a pace which you can understand and carry into your daily life routine.

OR as I say, it's really best to enlist a personal trainer (even if it's for a session or two) to learn how to do moves the right way, and what to do so you can reach your goals.
  • BeSexy
    BeSexy Posts: 94
    Options
    I started with the 'learning" version and found it difficult to go for it and then slow down. So, I thought and just went for it. I found this to be better and I think I was able to catch on quicker. I suggest hanging up the workout calendar and following as scheduled! You will be hooked and in love in no time! In fact.... i subbed out my P90X workout today for Turbo Fire cause I miss the fun, music and Chalene!
  • mrsfloisand
    mrsfloisand Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Absolutely love it! Has worked miracles for me. At first I thought that it was hard, but it was all the more motivating that I could do it and keep up with her. Its really nice because they do have a girl who is the modifier so if you want to start out at a little lower impact than what Chalene's doing you totally can. I would recommend it to anyone who wants a fast paced workout that wants a good burn and want to have fun.
  • akhapagirl
    akhapagirl Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Great investment! Personally on week 7.
  • FitPhysique
    FitPhysique Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Someone at worked ordered it but after a week she said she was ready for it and her sister told her to do Turbo Jam first. She has been doing TurboJam since January now and have lost I think close to 15lbs-20lbs. I heard that Turbo Fire is a more advance version on TurboJam. You may want to research both programs. Also check with Stooooo. He's an MFP user and is a beachbody coach.
  • DivaDLB
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback. I am strongly leaning more toward the TurboFire. My next door neighbor is going to purchase Insanity. We will see how this works out.
  • kimi233
    kimi233 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Each DVD has a "New to Class" feature, I really recommend doing that at least once, but you may need to do it more to get the routine of her combos,it basically just slows down all of her moves so you can do it right. And all of the DVD can be modified so its low impact, you do not have to do the jumping and all of that, build up to it if you can't do it all. I started off using Turbo Jam, but quickly moved up to this, and I am kinda sorry I wasted my money on Turbo Jam, I was just scared I wouldn't be able to get the Turbo Fire moves, but like I said, do the New to Class and you will have no problems. I recommend it to anyone who is thinking about it!!
  • handkeswife
    handkeswife Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 2 of the prep schedule and I am LOVING it! Like everyone said, start off with the "New to Class" feature, which is Chalene slowing down the new moves several times so you can get the hang of it. I did not jump right in, but decided on the prep schedule, but I have been faithful to the schedule, and I have lost 5 lbs and 4 inches in the 2 weeks I've been doing it. Good luck in whatever you decide, but Chalene is amazing!!!
  • foreverjade
    foreverjade Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Totally love it. Love love love. I miss it when I don't do it! The Hiit workouts are awesome when you don't have much time and want a good calorie burn. The longer workouts will give you enough of a burn that you don't have to do anything else. Plus, I prefer Chalene to any of the other Beachbody trainers (and I have almost all of them).

Have you done Turbo Jam before? I did Turbo Jam for a couple of years before getting Turbo Fire, so the moves were easy to pick up and I never had to use the "new to class" option. ..
  • DivaDLB
    Options
    Totally love it. Love love love. I miss it when I don't do it! The Hiit workouts are awesome when you don't have much time and want a good calorie burn. The longer workouts will give you enough of a burn that you don't have to do anything else. Plus, I prefer Chalene to any of the other Beachbody trainers (and I have almost all of them).

Have you done Turbo Jam before? I did Turbo Jam for a couple of years before getting Turbo Fire, so the moves were easy to pick up and I never had to use the "new to class" option. ..

A friend just loand me TurboJam. I am going to try that until next week.
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say that Turbo Fire is an advanced form of Turbo Jam because the program focus is completely different. While Turbo Jam focuses on cardio kickboxing for a steady cardio workout; Turbo Fire alternates its focus on high intensity interval training (HIITs) and intense cardio using kickboxing, plyometrics, and calisthenics to create those routines. You will see some of Chalene's signature 11 moves in TF which I thought was helpful because I picked up the movements a lot faster; however, that's about all I found that was remotely similar.

The music is better and the choreography is tighter (matches the beat so you can lose yourself in the routines). You won't be sorry if you buy this program. I lost 18 lbs and 8 inches during my first round. It is my "soulmate" workout!

Sharon
  • Sporty98
    Sporty98 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    This is great feedback.....I'd been planning on buying Turbo Fire, too. This feedback just clinches the deal for me!
  • Jessicapages
    Jessicapages Posts: 427
    Options
    Turbo Fire is AWESOME!!!! Great music and the classes are so much fun!!!! I am on my 2nd round of TF and I still LOVE every min of it!!!!
  • drjennelle
    drjennelle Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    i started Turbo Jam in january of 2009 and was able to lose 30lbs in under 6 months (1-2lbs a week). i bought Turbo Fire pretty much as soon as it came out in june of 2010. i was ready to bump up the intensity of my workouts, and i knew i loved the "turbo" and chalene. i couldn't be happier! because of my Turbo Jam experience, i never needed the "new to class" feature, but i definitely think that Turbo Fire extends what you learn with Turbo Jam. i still use several of my Turbo Jam workouts because i just LOVE them and find them to be awesome :) depending on your fitness level, you may find Turbo Jam a better starting point (before Turbo Jam i wasn't working out AT ALL, when i started Turbo Fire i had already been working out 6 days a week for a year and a half).

whatever you chose, i definitely definitely think that turbo is the way to go :)
    as i like to say - life is better in turbo :)