30 Day Shred Question

amy29fan
amy29fan Posts: 83 Member
edited September 24 in Fitness and Exercise
I purchased this video today, and I have 2 questions. (1) Do you have to do the 30 days consistently? and (2) Do you normally do another exercise as well, example Elliptical?

Replies

• I also have the 30 Day Shred - I did it for 5 days and then gave myself a break (when I can repeat her sentences word for word, its time for a break). I plan to do it 3 times a week (its a great DVD) and if I'm up to it, I will do a walking program either that morning or before hand, so I'm not exhausted. I also like to do a 15 minute ab program too on Exercise on Demand.

Good Luck, hope this helped!
  • Beebs33
    Beebs33 Posts: 262
    Jillian says you can just do this and eat healthy. She doesn't mention a break but it's good to have a day off a week because your body needs a break. There were times when I just did the 30 day shred and it did make a difference in my body. But when I did the work out in combination with elliptical or running it really boosted my metabolism. But I know a couple of people personally who only did that and ate right and that's all they needed. I would do it for a week and see how you feel. If you feel like you had a great workout and don't need anymore then listen to your body. If you feel like you could do more, then do a little more. You always have to push yourself.
  • kld4239
    kld4239 Posts: 186 Member
    I do one circuit of the shred 3-4 times a week in addition to other exercise. I think it all depends on what your goals are. I think if I boosted it to 5 times per week I would see quicker results. I've been doing the shred for about 2 months and have lost several inches. Good luck!
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,760 Member
    I only use the shred about 3 times a week. But I also walk, run and use some of her other DVD's as well.
  • to get the best results with 30 day shred you need to do it everyday for 30 days along with other cardio workouts.
  • Right now I am up to doing Level 2 twice a day (I do it in the morning by myself 5 days a week and then in the evening with my husband every day) I also walk on the treadmill or outside. Its proven a good combo for me. My husband and I are on day 17 (I just started it doing it 2x a day this past week). We plan to do it together the whole 30 days straight then after that either try a new dvd or do it every other day. The 30 day time line is if you want fast results.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    I purchased this video today, and I have 2 questions. (1) Do you have to do the 30 days consistently? and (2) Do you normally do another exercise as well, example Elliptical?

You can do extra cardio exercise with the Shred. I recommended to a coworker to get the JM Yoga Meltdown to give her knees a break on her 4th workout day.
This discussion has been closed.