Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

My motivators

So I have two main motivators that keep me going whenever I get discouraged. When I lose 60 - 70 more pounds I am going to go on my first motorcycle ride with my boyfriend on his bike. He's had his motorcycle for over a year now and I have never gotten on it to ride with him. I've sat on it in the garage, but I've always been to big to get on it with him :(

But, that's not my main motivatior --- Between the ages of 7 and 18 I horseback rode and it was my favorite thing in the whole world. Well, 8 years ago I sold my last horse and haven't rode since. In that time, I've gained 60 pounds and now I'm too heavy to ride without hurting the horse (can you say embarrasingggg...???). So, when I lose that 60 or 70 lbs I am going to go on an hour long trail ride to celebrate. It will be the first time I've ridden in over 8 and a half years and I know I'll probably cry.

I mean, yes, I have the other motivators too: to buy smaller clothes, to look sexier, etc, etc, but those are my two main ones. I miss horseback riding so much :(

Replies

• you can do it.!
  • CelesteENelson
    CelesteENelson Posts: 89 Member
    I threw my son a big party at a ranch out by litchfield road.It was GREAT! but you couldnt ride the horses if you weighed over 250 so Iwasnt able to ride :( I would love to celebrate with you when you hit your mark and go riding with you. Where are you located?
  • kittyinaz
    kittyinaz Posts: 300 Member
    I threw my son a big party at a ranch out by litchfield road.It was GREAT! but you couldnt ride the horses if you weighed over 250 so Iwasnt able to ride :( I would love to celebrate with you when you hit your mark and go riding with you. Where are you located?

Oh wow, you're in Arizona? that's awesome! I'd love for you to come!

I'm located in East Mesa. Broadway/Ellsworth area. Where are you located?