Thinking about getting a Spin Bike. Recommendations?

TrailerM
TrailerM Posts: 17
edited September 24 in Fitness and Exercise
Once upon a time, in my thinner days, you could easily find me racing mountain bikes on the weekend. Since I got out of college and started working I slowly started gaining weight to where I am today. Now that I am back on the wagon I would like to start it up again.

I pretty much live out of a hotel room 80-90% of the year and I love to use the bikes in the hotel gyms when working out. My job role is about to change in the next month where I will be at home more often and I was thinking about buying a Stationary Spin bike for the house. Does anyone have any experience buying one or have one that they would recommend? I would probably buy a HRM as well to use with the bike. I have been researching both and I just dont know what I should look for.

Replies

• freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    2 recommendations, get the best you can afford,,,,,,,,, and Craigslist.
  • I just recently purchased a used Schwinn IC elite for $300...It is of commercial quality and was not sold to the general public when new($1200). I would say do your research on them...there are many out there that are made for home use, but are not as durable. I did a lot of research and then went to Craig's list and found the bike I was looking for:happy: . If you have an idea of what you are looking for, craigs list is a good way to go.

The lighter weight fly wheels that come on the residential models in my opinion do not offer as good of a workout.

I hope this helps! :smile:
This discussion has been closed.