Question...

Carrie6o6
Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
Everytime you lose 10lbs it asks you if you would like to change your goals. I kept mine the same... But before it suggested I burn 1010cals a week and now it says i should try to burn 970 a week. Why did it go down and should I be following this?

Replies

• Carrie6o6
    Everytime you lose 10lbs it asks you if you would like to change your goals. I kept mine the same... But before it suggested I burn 1010cals a week and now it says i should try to burn 970 a week. Why did it go down and should I be following this?
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    I've never had it ask me about my goals at 10 lbs.... I've just adjusted them on my own. :ohwell:
  • debuckl
    debuckl Posts: 360 Member
    I always change my goals, because as you lose weight your body needs less cals to function. I would guess it lowered your exercise cals, because no you will be loosing slower.
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    It lowers your exercise calories because the math changes as you lose weight. When you input your goals you said that you wanted to exercise for so many minutes so many times a week. That now calculates out to fewer calories because as you lose weight you burn fewer calories as you exercise. If you still want to burn 1010 calories you will need to increase the time or number of days.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Yep--the more you lose, the less calories you burn for the same amount of work. Not fair but true.
  • Carrie6o6
    Ok yeah, that all makes sense. Thanks