in need of a good ab routine.

Options
I have dropped almost 25 lbs and my abs are finally noticeable. I ALMOST have my 4 pack back. Although i have a little bit of fat i still want gone, what are some good ab workouts that target lower and obliques? I've been adding a lot more plank work to my strength trainer. I heard those were really good for abs.

Replies

• jaybaileys
    Options
    Tony Hortons One-on-One sereis has ARX2 its 40 minutes of abcrushing work, but he talks alot so you can probably do it in about 25 minutes. The original Ab Ripper X is P90X is about 16 minutes and is pretty hard core. There are some great ab routines in TurboFire and Insanity. Also they have a 90 day program devoted to abs called RevAbs. the trainer Brett Hoebel is on the biggest loser this year.
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I have Jillian Michaels 6 weeks abs....it's killer....
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    the Ab Ripper X video of the P90X series is 16 minutes of ab-hell! Works wonders on my lower belly area!
  • simplynila
    simplynila Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    RevAbs by Brett Hoebel... AWESOME!
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I will echo the P90X Ab Ripper-X routine. I just started P90X this Monday and have done one cycle of ARX and it was the hardest 16 minutes of my life! My abs are in horrible shape and I can't do half of the routines and the other half I can only do so many but I hope to get better as I gain strength. At this point, I hate ARX, but I hope to learn to love it. It does what it is designed to do, but I know I have a long way to go before I can do the whole routine and keep up...I got all of the time in the world.

It targets more than the upper abs...it targets lower abs, obliques, and even the glutes and quads...

At this point, the One on One with Tony Horton Ab Ripper routine is a pipe dream...I can't imagine doing 40 minutes of ab work at this point. 16 minutes is enough!
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I have Jillian Michaels 6 weeks abs....it's killer....

Was wondering about it. Thanks. I think I'm gonna get it now.
  • bhelmreich
    bhelmreich Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    ive done p90x and tony horton kinda bugs me. i LOVE insanity cardio abs but i think I'm going to try jillian michael's workout!! love her.