2»

Replies

• PrincessStarr
    Options
    Congrats to you!!!!
  • Flacachica
    Flacachica Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    You go girl! I too am not a runner, but am going to start a 10 week walk-to-run training program this spring if you want to join me. :)
  • kathyc727
    kathyc727 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Keep i up. WTG :smile:
  • cathyv0409
    cathyv0409 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    That is FANTASTIC!!! What an inspiration you are!!

MightMom, you gave me inspiration too! I just now do 10 minutes on the elliptical and keep telling myself to keep going and I will improve.
  • gatolover
    Options
    Keep up the good work. Congratulations!
  • downtome
    downtome Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I too tried running when I started at 315, now I'm 271 and it has gotten a bit easier as my fitness level has inproved over the last 13 weeks! Make sure you have a very good quality pair of running shoes though, it's very important! I have good shoes and I still managed to hurt my knee the other night jogging, so be careful! Good luck and keep up the great work just don't push yourself to much early on. Give it time and your body time to adjust!
  • MooseWizard
    MooseWizard Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Way to go. It was such a short time ago that I was exhausted running for a minute, but finished Week 5 of the C25K program tonight and ran for 20 minutes!

Check out Carli at http://runningintoshape.com for additional motivation.
  • addman72
    addman72 Posts: 220
    Options
    Well done. It will get easier everyday. Keep up the good work
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    AWESOME JOB!! I SEE A FUTURE MARATHONER IN THE HOUSE!!:drinker:
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Girl I am SOOOO proud of you ....
    I started running at 275 pounds... you rock!! Super duper rock!
  • MyBeautyIsSkinDeep
    Options
    That is great , And I have been even more inspired!! YOU GO GIRL!!!!:bigsmile:
  • hemlock2010
    hemlock2010 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Drat!! There goes my excuse for not running. But good for you, anyway! :drinker:
  • momofcami
    Options
    Good for you! That's great!

Not sure what kind of exercise plan you are on now , so maybe you already have it all figured out - but if you are looking for something that will ease you into a slow jog (REALLY ease you into it) I had success with Leslie Samsone's Fast 4 mile walk. It's mostly walking but there are two short parts that are "boosted", which is basically a light jog (in place). You can do 1, 2,3 or 4 miles - all right in front of the TV.

Anyway, best of luck to you!
  • missziathediva
    Options
    Thank u for the sweet and kinds words! My goal is to run (once I hit my goal) for the American Cancer society for mu uncle that passed away to skin cancer. That will be my victory day.
  • frankisgal
    Options
    :bigsmile: You go girl....I too haven't run in years.....I'm 350 and i think I'd knock my self out if I were to run lol...but yeah, I'm hoping to run again one day....

Keep up the good work