Deli Meat

marisa_munches
marisa_munches Posts: 30
edited September 24 in Food and Nutrition
I eat sandwiches on a pretty regular basis for lunch and most of the serving sizes I find for lunch meats are in "oz." Does anyone have any realistic idea of how many slices this translates into per 1 or 2 oz? I realize that you can get different thicknesses to your slices, but an approximation would be very helpful! Thanks for the help!

Marisa

Replies

• rherrin5
    rherrin5 Posts: 136 Member
    I know for like the oscar mayer small round deli slices its 3 slices = 1 oz. Boars head which I see is what you had for lunch yesterday, is bigger peices so Id say 1 1/2 good slices of that would be an ounce. Its seems iv measured their roast beef before and I think thats what it was and they were the big thin slices. Not shaved but pretty thin. Hope that helps!
  • PrairieRoseNE
    PrairieRoseNE Posts: 265 Member
    Have you thought about buying a food scale?? I know it's work to measure everything all the time - but the results of the time spent are for sure worth it!!! Just an idea :)
  • jenX1174
    jenX1174 Posts: 154
    I agree, the best thing to is get a scale. There is such a difference in serving size for deli meats. Some are 6 slices for 2 oz, some are 2-3 slices. I have a scale and it's come in pretty handy for many foods I've had to measure.
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    My continued weight loss success can be attributed directly to the purchase of a food scale. I was in a pretty nasty plateau (even gained some weight) and one of the more prevalent causes from the research I did was measuring out proper portions. I was subconciously adding more food than was proper for the serving size. I measure just about everything and have been averaging about 1.75 pounds per week of weight loss since 11/10/10.

I HIGHLY recommend a food scale.

Good luck!
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    I've found that one slice of deli-counter turkey weighs about 1.3 oz.
This discussion has been closed.