Got my F6!

Options
aaubrey
aaubrey Posts: 168 Member
I got my F6 and had to test it out of course when I got home. I put it on and started cleaning. Mopping, sweeping, moving stuff around, vacuuming. Well in 45 min I burned 111 according to the HRM. Would you log this kinda thing or not? It isnt a lot but it is a lot more than sitting on your butt.

Replies

• aaubrey
    Options
    I got my F6 and had to test it out of course when I got home. I put it on and started cleaning. Mopping, sweeping, moving stuff around, vacuuming. Well in 45 min I burned 111 according to the HRM. Would you log this kinda thing or not? It isnt a lot but it is a lot more than sitting on your butt.
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    From what I understand (and practice) you only log the activities that you're doing expressly for the purpose of exercise. So if it's part of your daily routine or not something that you're really doing to work out, best not to log it I think. Like I say, at least that's what I do. It's hard to tell exactly how much activity MFP expects you to have when you select your daily activity level (sedentary, light active etc) so by only logging purposeful exercise you make sure you're not accidentally counting activities that MFP already expects you to be doing.... does that make sense?? lol
  • aaubrey
    Options
    It does and I actually have tried to find a definetion of lightly active, moderate, very etc. My husband thinks I am moderately active. But who the heck knows. I think I put lightly active so I dont overestimate. But, I have already mowed the lawn and weed eated, gone shopping at 2 different mega stores, played with the dog and kid, cleaned the house, moved beds...I dont know I think I might go a little over today on general principle...lol But I am only going to log exercise and mowing since I only do it once a week and it does burn A LOT of calories. It earned me Panda Expres today...:tongue:
  • mlck2323
    mlck2323 Posts: 87
    Options
    Hey! way to be quitting smoking that is so awesome. Did you know, by running you can gain back nearly all of your lung capacity that has been depleted by smoking? Keep it up!!
  • aaubrey
    Options
    I am up to almost 2 miles. Not too bad for a 15 year pack and a 1/2 girl...lol
  • mlck2323
    mlck2323 Posts: 87
    Options
    well if you ever have any questions about running, running shoes, gear etc. I am here for ya...i've worked in a running store for over a year and I probably fit 20-30 people in correct shoes daily. I fell in love with running three years ago and am finally training for my first full marathon!
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Go ahead and wear your heart monitor for a week straight and then see what your daily read outs are - you can see what your base calories are and then match your activity level to whatever activity level gives you that amount of calories to eat (don't forget to add in some calories for the hours you are sleeping and I am guessing not wearing the monitor!)

Then on top of that log your exercise, lawn work, etc.
  • aaubrey
    Options
    I want to cry now though. I did my pilates tonight. MFP give me 200 for 30 mins. The HRM gave me 99...I wanted to throw it across the room...:sad:
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I want to cry now though. I did my pilates tonight. MFP give me 200 for 30 mins. The HRM gave me 99...I wanted to throw it across the room...:sad:

Awww :flowerforyou: That's brutal. But I suppose it's better to know the real numbers. In fact, my HRM "made me" all but give up on Hip Hop Abs because I burn barely more cals than I would just going about my day. Sad to say... But pilates are so good for your core anyway :happy:
  • Quenofcrazzy
    Quenofcrazzy Posts: 358
    Options
    It earned me Panda Expres today...:tongue:

*I* would mow the lawn for Panda Express!!