Upping my calories

Options
Hello,

So I have been pleateuing for a loooong time and nothing has worked. I think I should up my calories from 1200 to 1400 b/c I do tend to work out nearly every day and I was thinking maybe I am not eating enough? I am also going to get back to the gym and alternate with working out from home to vary my work outs. I hope this works...

Replies

• sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Yes ma'am... From what I've seen, unless you're REALLY tiny (like 120's range), 1200 is FAR too little. I'm a size 10 and I eat about 1400/day and am still losing.
  • angelarozmyn
    Options
    varying workouts is a BIG deal...as you get in better shape, you use less effort to do the same exercise...your body gets used to it :)

also, varying caloric intake per day helps too...ie 1200cals one day, 1700cals the next, 1450cals the next
  • mariasheehan
    Options
    definitely up your calories, especially as you're working out, it will jump start your metabolism. Do you eat some of your exercise calories too???

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/stroutman81/view/on-exercise-calories-and-deficits-63110
  • _CowgirlUp_
    _CowgirlUp_ Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I'm really glad I came across this thread. I came to the message boards to ask a similar question relating to the reply from SGomez. Are we supposed to eat more when we work out? It seems counter-intuitive to me to work out to burn calories and then put them back. LOL.