It's time for a change; I'm getting married!

Options
Hello everyone! I just thought I would drop in introduce myself! My fiance and I have been engaged for 3.5 years and have been together for 4.5! I am getting married on October 13, 2012. I have dealt with weight issues my whole life and I have decided that it is time to get serious about losing weight.

My brother is in Afghanistan right now and will return home in August. I am so very proud of him and want for him to be just as proud of me for something! His homecoming and my wedding planning give me something to look forward to!

I have tried over and over and over to lose weight and I have before but it is impossible for me to stay motivated about it. But NOW it is time to change for ME! If anyone wants a support buddy I'm SO up for it!

Best of luck to EVERYONE here!

Replies

• Ruchell
    Ruchell Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm new here too and just wanted to say congrats on the upcoming wedding and thanks to you and your family to lending your brother for our countrry! I'm looking for support friends too, so feel free to add me!
  • aengland
    Options
    Thank you so much! I will definitely add you! We can be support buddies!
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!! I remember getting married and the stress got to me, so one piece of advice would be not to stress, but enjoy the planning!! Its only going to happen once! :bigsmile: And, your brother will be proud of you regardless!! So, thankful for his service!!

When I was doing my wedding planning...all I could seem to think about was "just being skinny" so I could fit into my wedding dress. I realized the more obsessed I became, the more I limited my food, and ironically, the less weight I lost. But, once I changed my mindset (unfortunately after the wedding)... and decided I wanted to get healthy so that I could live a long time with my hubby! And I wanted to get healthy before starting a family. Knowing that I could keep up with my family someday gave me the motivation. And I've been successful! I think it really comes down to the mindset and long term goals. Its great to have short term goals (weightloss, run a race, exercise for 60 min a day, etc) but having a long term goal of health & wellness really gives you a great perspective to know that this is a lifestyle change, not a diet. A healthy way of life so that when you have things in life you want to do you won't have your health stopping you!!!!

So excited for you in your journey! You can add me if you are interested!! I am a big fitness/health person...its become my passion after realizing how being healthy really keeps me happy!! :smile:
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    welcome! congrats on your wedding! this is a great site there is plenty of motivation and support! glad you're here!
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Hey, there! Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! Getting married and welcoming your brother home are both great motivators. This place will help, a LOT! It's already become part of my routine and I've lost 17 lbs. (and counting) for the first time in a decade. Welcome!
  • aengland
    Options
    Thank you EVERYONE! I am so glad I have all of you to help me get through this! Thanks everyone and best wishes to EVERYONE!

Feel free to add me to facebook as well!

-Aleatha England
  • Nemlein
    Nemlein Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I'm also planning my wedding, and I've been with my fiance for about the same amount of time :) We can do this, we can fit into the big white dress and have the wedding of our dreams! I've found this site super helpful and I hope you have success with it as well! I'll add you :)
  • aengland
    Options
    Ugh! That's SO awesome! YES WE CAN! When are you getting married?! I'm so excited for you!