NSV- and a big one for me

Options
So I've been at this for a little over two weeks, and I didn't expect to see much difference yet which is fine. I know this takes time. I've seen the scale go down which is great and I know I'll see change in the mirror in time (don't have measuring tape yet to track inches). What I wasn't expecting so soon was the difference in how I feel.

Now, I'm NOT a morning person. It usually takes me 3 alarms to drag myself out of bed 30 minutes before I have to leave and I seem to always run late. Last night I went to bed maybe 20 minutes earlier than normal, but I woke up at 5:45 without an alarm and not at all tired. I figured, what the heck, let's jump on the treadmill and see how it goes (usually can barely function in the morning). So I got dressed, grabbed some water, turned on the news and hopped on. I did 30 minutes and then jumped in the shower, had breakfast, packed my lunch and was still ready for work 15 minutes earlier than normal. I was worried about how this would affect my day, I figured I would be dead tired by lunch. (I work in a liquor store and it was truck day, so I had a lot of work to do).

Much to my surprise, I had plenty of energy. I was almost bouncing off the walls, and I don't drink any caffeine. I'm not used to feeling like this. It's now 6 pm and I still feel good and have energy. This is fantastic. It's amazing how much difference eating right and a little exercise can make. I used to come home and crash, but now I feel great. I'm sure it's just going to keep getting better. I can't wait!

Replies

• dawn454
    dawn454 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    thats awesome, good for you!:smile:
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Good for you!
  • tippy34
    Options
    Congradulations,
  • mageepilot
    mageepilot Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    That is so great! I can totally relate. I already feel better and I just joined 2 weeks ago also. I lost a lot with WW a few years ago and it's all back, but I don't remember feeling this good this soon. I really didn't do much exercise with WW and I have to think that's the difference. Good luck on the rest of your journey!
  • denise980
    Options
    Great job!

There is new research out there now that is corroborating the science behind exercise early in the morning. The book "Spark" is all about starting your day off with exercise and documenting how it can help kids in school do better in the long run. It is a new initiative that the school where I work at is starting.

So the fact that you are starting your day off with vigorous exercise will make you have a better day in the long run. Keep up the great work!
  • kweingart
    Options
    Great Job keep up the great work you can do I believe in you
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!